      From: Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@ yahoo.com>
      To: jenrsmall@yahoo. com
      Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 2:02:27 PM
      Subject: [Ayreton] ANNOUNCEMENT: Mayoral Succession to be General Election!

      Greetings unto the Populace of Ayreton from the Town Cryer!
      As you know, the time is upon us to select a new Mayor of Ayreton.  This time, the seneschals of the Ayreton groups have decided to hold a general election.  Here is how it will work:
      1. Any paid member who would like to be considered a candidate for Mayor should send an application to their local group Seneschal. (An electronic application form will be coming shortly, or you can get a hard copy at Stone Dog Inn).  Send your application by MARCH 8.
      2. The seneschals will work together to select 3-5 candidates from the applications, and will announce those candidates to the populace.
      3. Ballots will be available, and the populace will vote on these candidates to select a new Mayor.  The new Mayor will be announced and installed at the Carnivale, March 22.
      More details about the voting process will be forthcoming -- contact your seneschal with any question.
      We know that this is a very short timeline for getting the applications, deciding on candidates, and voting.  However, we think that the results will be worth keeping to this tight schedule. Thanks for your help in making this happen.
      Yours in service,
      The Ayreton Towne Cryer, on behalf of Hizzoner and the Ayreton seneschals.