1931Re: [Ayreton] Re:Letter of Intent

  • James McAdams
    Jan 31, 2008
      Greetings to one and all,

      I have two questions I would like to offer for consideration. First
      - one to help describe everyone's expectations. How many people should
      support forming a barony before it progresses? The assumption so far
      has been a simple majority, and much in our lives encourages that as an
      obvious response. Lord Grimkirk seems to feel that a higher standard
      should be met, in excess of 2/3rds of those responding.
      Or perhaps the correct baseline is not those responding, but the
      larger population? That is a thorny issue that (to my mind) can only be
      resolved in 2 manners - gatherings such as we have had, and a formal
      polling of paid membership which will occur if the process continues.

      Which leads to my second - rhetorical - question. While those of us
      who live locally may have our own biases and blindnesses when it comes
      to local affairs, do we trust the officers of the Kingdom to use their
      perspective and experience to judge an eventual poll, the process (as
      the discussions here will doubtless be available to them), and the rest
      of the proposal; and to decline or defer advancement if there is
      sufficient cause?

      Xavier
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic