1929Re: [Ayreton] Re: Letter of Intent

  • mandy lemke
    Jan 30, 2008
      Good day to all! I do not normally post. Especially when it is about things I am truly unknowledgeable about. Thank you to those who have posted answers to the questions that have been raised, such as the majority voting, and such. I greatly appreciate that.
      With that being said, I would like to say something. I abstained from the vote to become a barony. Not because the idea doesn't sit well with me, or the idea is just so great I can't sit still, but because of my inexperience. I am fairly new to the society. I have been in 6 yrs, however, I play more with my local group due to money issues, school schedule and such. I have been a college student over these last years, working, going to school and have fun in the sca. There fore my time has been limited. I can honestly say, I don't know how baronies truly differ from the way the aryeton group has been playing together. I think it would be wonderful to be able to give newer people awards to say thank you, or even recognize those older members, who are often over looked because people assume what they have. I also think it would be nice to not have to wait more than two reigns before a crown comes to the chicagoland area again.
      So truly please understand, some have abstained either for or against the barony, not because of thoughts on things, but on inexperience. I have not been here when there wasn't a time when everyone didn't get along, and that groups worked together and truly supported each other, the way they have over the last five or so years. So please take this into consideration for your thoughts, and even for a possible topic at the town hall meeting.
      Thanks Much and hope everyone stays warm!
      Francesca del Mar,
      Mandy from Foxvale
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic