1925Re: Letter of Intent

  • Wolfram von Waldersbach
    Jan 30, 2008
      Thanks for the response, Master Christian. I have to dig through more
      than enough statutory law in the course of my day job, and I really
      didn't feel like having to do it in my fun time too... haha.

      In Service,

      -Wolfram von Waldersbach
      "Voca me cum benedictis"
      Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles
      Autocrat - Stone Dog Inn V
      "Es gibt zwei Sachen da sollte man besser nicht wissen wie es gemacht
      wird- Wurst und Politik"- Otto von Bismarck

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

      > > For the voting in creating a Barony, does it have to be simple
      > > majority or a super majority?
      >
      > It has to be the will of the Crown.
      >
      > It sounds flip, I realize, but it's important to recognize that
      the
      > entire polling process is just there to advise the Crown as to the
      > desires of the Populace. The Crown then makes the decision on how
      > the groups are structured. So, to address your question, it's
      > impossible to say what degree of majority is needed, since the
      Crown
      > makes its own judgement.
      >
      > That said, there are several things that are clear from the
      Baronial
      > Transitions document and from Kingdom Law: First, the populace
      > doesn't get to see the results of the poll: those are sent to the
      > Kingdom Seneschal and the Crown.
      >
      > Second, from Kingdom Law, "Existing groups shall not be permitted
      > division or advancement which will foster a schism or
      > factionalization of a political nature in the resident
      population."
      > It's my hope and belief that we're currently all able to
      > fundamentally work together in a reasonable fashion, regardless of
      > the structure of the groups.
      >
      > Finally, "No Baron/Baroness will be appointed over the substantial
      > objection of the populace." Note that this is in regards to the
      > selection of the specific people who end up serving as Baron and
      > Baroness.
      >

      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > Christian

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic