1917Re: [Ayreton] Re: Letter of Intent

  • Christian Fournier
    Jan 29, 2008
      For the voting in creating a Barony, does it have to be simple majority or a super majority?

      It has to be the will of the Crown.

      It sounds flip, I realize, but it's important to recognize that the entire polling process is just there to advise the Crown as to the desires of the Populace.  The Crown then makes the decision on how the groups are structured.  So, to address your question, it's impossible to say what degree of majority is needed, since the Crown makes its own judgement.

      That said, there are several things that are clear from the Baronial Transitions document and from Kingdom Law:  First, the populace doesn't get to see the results of the poll: those are sent to the Kingdom Seneschal and the Crown.

      Second, from Kingdom Law, "Existing groups shall not be permitted a division or advancement which will foster a schism or factionalization of a political nature in the resident population."  It's my hope and belief that we're currently all able to fundamentally work together in a reasonable fashion, regardless of the structure of the groups.

      Finally, "No Baron/Baroness will be appointed over the substantial objection of the populace."  Note that this is in regards to the selection of the specific people who end up serving as Baron and Baroness.

      Hope this helps,

       Christian
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic