188Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Sep 5, 2006
      Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.
      Thank you!
      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle
      2 p.m. until the end of practice.
        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.
        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!
      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.
      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption
      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.
      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.
      ** Calligraphy and Illumination
        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.
      Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
      and a dish to share.
      While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake
      From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:
      onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....
      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.
      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium
      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Sept. 7
      Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
      Thursday, Oct. 5
      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      Games Night:
      Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
      games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

      Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).