1807Re: Ayreton Arts Martial Announcements

  • David Roland
    Dec 11, 2007
      Yes, anyone may attend. They may even practice off to the side.
      They may watch the gauntlet if they desire.

      Where the confusion may lay is that while anyone may attend the
      practice, and anyone may watch, Only those who have successfully run
      the Gauntlet may participate in the Gauntlet along with the poor sap
      who is running the Gauntlet.

      Ian

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

      > For future reference, when Thieves of Hearts inducts someone, may
      other
      > rapier fighters attend? I've heard things both ways and I can't
      be the only person confused.

      > Kevin Ambrozijwski
      >
      > Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
      > Oyez, oyez!
      >
      > Here are the activities known to be happening in Ayreton this
      week. Please let me know if there are any additions or changes to
      the Arts Martial activities.

      > YOUTH BOFFER
      >
      > The next few Youth Boffer dates are:
      >
      > Dec: 3rd and 17th
      >
      > Location: Hope Presbyterian Church in Wheaton.
      > 1771 S Wiesbrook Rd
      > Wheaton, IL
      >
      > The church is just northeast of Wheaton-Warrenville South High
      School. Find your best route to Butterfield Rd. (56). Weisbrook is
      between Danada Square Shopping Center and Blackwell Forrest
      Preserve. Weisbrook goes north (the street is called Herrick going
      south towards Naperville). Just as you pass the north side of the
      high school campus, the church up on a hill to your right. ***You
      must turn on Durfee Rd. to get to the driveway. Parking is behind
      the church.

      > Acelina is the marshall in charge. djc137@...
      > Anna has the key. KCMalone3@...
      >
      > If you are interested, contact Mark, mark@... or Anna for an
      invite to the boffer group for monthly reminders and other youth
      boffer information.

      > SUNDAY PRACTICES
      >
      > AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
      > The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of
      Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at
      the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.

      > This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday. By
      about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

      > NOTE:
      > Sunday, December 2nd Ayreton fighter practice at University of
      Chicago , Ida Noyes Hall, to have Sir William of Fairhaven teaching
      various classes. Also, this is the last practice of the year
      (school closes down for holiday break) so we will be going out to
      dinner afterwards at Medici's on 57th street . All are welcome to
      join us, fighter or no.

      > Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site
      >
      > Be warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.
      You may wish to take an alternate route. Alternate directions can
      be found at:

      > Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your
      alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake
      Shore Drive.

      > Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637
      >
      > - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago. Take I-90/I-
      90 and exit
      > at Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)
      > - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5
      stoplights.
      > - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.
      > - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the
      Midway Plaisance (59th St.)
      > - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is
      on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

      > Map Link
      > http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES
      >

      > TUESDAY PRACTICES
      >
      > FOXVALE FIGHTHER PRACTICE/A&S NIGHT
      >
      > Please confirm with the Foxvale folk on this practice and its
      location.

      > THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE
      >
      > The Thieves of Hearts practice is open to everyone. Newcomers
      are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers. Heavy
      fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice. All levels
      of skill are welcomed and wanted. Rapier and aspiring rapier
      practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in
      rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      > Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook
      North High School. Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

      > NOTE: For this week's Thieves of Hearts practice, Ian will be
      attempting to run the Gauntlet. Rapier folks are asked to come in
      their best armor/garb and all who
      > are willing may come and witness his attempt.
      >
      > Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very
      useful and helpful overhead map can be found at:
      http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      > Text Directions are:
      >
      > - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.
      >
      > - Exit Willow Road to the East. Follow to Shermer.
      >
      > - Turn Left onto Shermer road. Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the
      last driveway into the
      > school and turn left.
      >
      > - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and
      then turn right behind the
      > tennis courts. The parking lot will be on your left. Look
      for the propped open door.

      > WEDNESDAY PRACTICES
      >
      > AYRETON ARCHERY PRACTICE
      >
      > The combined Tree-Girt-Sea / Grey Gargoyles weekly practice is
      every Wednesday. Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

      > Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
      > Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      >
      > 7240 West Madison
      > Forest Park, Illinois 60130
      > Range Phone: 708 366 4864
      > $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
      > $12 for rental gear.
      > http://www.archerycustomshop.com/
      >
      > All are welcome!
      >

      > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If
      you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
      together announced feel free to contact me and request an
      announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
      together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
      made but only if you help me find them.

      > The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...
      >
      > If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-
      mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are
      requesting to be removed from the announcement list.