179Ayreton Arts Martial

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Aug 29, 2006
      PENNSIC PRACTICE SCHEDULE HERE AT HOME:

      Your Towne Cryer has received no information regarding practices having been moved, delayed, stopped or otherwise changed due to Pennsic.  I will be leaving for Pennsic myself this coming Thursday.  If your practice schedule has changed please get it to me by Wednesday so that I may announce those changes

      Much thanks!

      The Ayreton Fighter Practices

      SUNDAY

      ** Grey Gargoyles -

           AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE AND GARB CIRCLE

      Hoobah!  Annette is graciously bringing refreshments for all those that come the Ayreton Fighter Practice and Garb Circle.  She brings Pickles, Oranges. Pretzels and other stuff as well.  She does this out of her own pocket.  After speaking with many of the fighters at the practice it was commonly agreed that it would be wonderful if people who come would be able to give Annette just $1 so that she can keep bringing the refreshments.  BY NO MEANS IS THIS A REQUIREMENT.  If you can that is great!  If not, that's okay.  (It is a college campus folks.)

        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter PracticePractices have been starting at 1p for Talib's class.  Heavy practice starts more or less around 2p.
      Talib (CCK) leading a book reading with students of the sword with Tom Leoni's new English translation.  This is a more cerebral class starting off by discussing the assigned readings and then stepping into practical application.  This Class runs from 1:00 to 2:30

          Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) Is Subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

      59th Street and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago IL 60637.

      Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in
      South Chicago. Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
      59th St.)

      Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        LINK

        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        If you choose to take an alternate route that includes the
      Lake Shore Drive please be aware that vehicles with Class B plates are not allowed on the Lake Shore Drive.

        This is not the only practice on Sunday in Ayreton.

      ** Ravenslake

      For Sunday of the Labor Day Weekend...

      Ravenslake practice will be relocated to:

      The Shire of Ravenslake and The Beaver Academy of Defense proudly present:
      The 9th Annual Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense
      1-3
      September 2006: Labor Day Weekend
      325 Herbert Road, Lakemoor, IL60050

      The site is the same as last year and it absolutely beautiful. We are surrounded on 3 sides by a lake where there is a beach for swimming. There is a hill with trees that adds to the fun of the fighting field. There will be classes on the Arte of Defense, both Period and Society, "Heavy" combat, Arts and Sciences, Youth combat, Thrown Weapons, and Archery. Merchants are invited (set up outside, $5 fee). This is a camping event,  - this year with hot showers! Lunch will be available on site a la carte. A "Scholar's Feast" will be held, and afterwards a bardic circle around the fire.

      Dogs are welcome on this site, but must be kept on a leash at all times.  Dogs and children must be attended at all times.
      NOTE! There will be a contest to gain artwork for the "Pale"! Bring your artwork to be donated to the "Pale" (See the "Pale Submission Guidelines" in your "Pale" for information.  Permission-to-publish forms will be available), and it will be displayed. The winner of a great prize donated by the "Pale" will be decided by the vote of the public.
      NOTE!   Event t-shirts will be available!
      Staff
      Chancellor: Alexander de Seton ( alexdeset@... ) 847-587-0454; 596 Windsor Dr. , Fox Lake IL 60020
      Martial Class Co-Coordinator: Kyrstyan Makfall ( gypsy.vail@... ) 847-680-3412; 305 Cherrywood Ct. , Vernon Hills , IL 60061
      Troll: Maggie of Cnoc Cait ( cnoccait@... )847-587-0454; 596 Windsor Dr. , Fox Lake IL 60020 (Send Pre-Registration requests here, until 25 August 2006.)
      A&S Class Co-Coordinator: Metylda nic Lochloinn ( bamf505@... ) 847-404-7712; Bardic, Kyla ( skycat@... ) 847-775-1598
      Feast-O-Crat: Kristiana of Arden ( kristianaofarden@... ) 847-921-6229, 1445 Churchill K-102, Mundelein IL 60646
      Heavy Weapons Class Co-Coordinator: Kenwrec Wulfe ( kenwrecwulfe@... ) 815-206-5992; 432 Pleasant St Woodstock IL 60098
      Merchant-Crat: Kyla ( skycat@... ) 847-775-1598
      Youth Marshal: Acelina of Derelai (djc137@...)
      FEES
      TROLL is open Friday 4-11, Saturday 8-3, and Sunday 8-3. Classes start at 9AM! Don't be late!
      Site:
      Adult Friday-Sunday $15, Sat-Sun $10, Sun $5
      Youth (17-6 years) Fri-Sun $8, Sat-Sun $6, Sun $3
      5 and under FREE
      $3 non-member surcharge
      *NOTE! Family Cap, including 2 tents, is $70
      Camping; $10 per sleeping tent
      *NOTE! PRE-REG Prices; $2 less for site fees for adults,
      $1 less for site fees for children 6-17
      Feast;
      Lunch; a la carte
      Merchant; $5 (set up outdoors; contact Merchant-o-Crat)

      All Merchant Fees (include site, space, camping and feast fees) Reservations to: Kyla Mead 2412 Dunlay Court, Waukegan IL 60085.  Please contact Kyla at skycat@... for Merchant Form.  All merchant spaces are outside. You must provide your own tables and shade/tent.  There is no electric.

      Directions from the Northwest:
      From southbound 1-43 leaving Milwaukee area toward Beloit: Take Exit 27 to US Route 12 East. Go East on US Route 12. Go 20 miles on US-12 East. Turn left and stay on US-12 East for 13 miles. Turn right on IL-120 West/Belvidere Road. 0.5 mile turn left onto Darrell Road. 0.10 mile and turn right onto Wegner Road, 0.4 mile and turn right onto Herbert Road. 0.25 mile to end of Herbert Road straight into site.

      Directions from Northeast:
      From southbound 1-94 leaving Milwaukee area toward Chicago: From Milwaukee Airport travel 39 miles to IL-132 West/Grand Ave. 3 miles to US-45 turn left onto US 45. 2 miles to W. Washington St/CR-A22/CR-45 and turn right. 3.4 miles and turn left onto N. Hainesville Rd DR-V60/CR-24. 0.8 mile and turn right onto IL-120 West/Belvidere Road. 7 miles turn left onto Darrell Road. 0.10 mile and turn right onto Wegner Road. 0.4 mile and turn right onto Herbert Road. 0.25 mile to end of Herbert Road straight into site.

      From the South: From northbound 1-94 leaving the Chicago area toward Milwaukee:
      Take the IL-120 West/Belvidere Road exit and head west. 16 miles turn left onto Darrell Road. 0.10 mile and turn right onto Wegner Road. 0.4 mile and turn right onto Herbert Road. 0.25 mile to end of Herbert Road straight into site.

      MONDAY PRACTICES

      YOUTH BOFFER

      For information on practice times and place please contact Acelina DJC137@... who is the marshall contact and you can contact Kellee at 630-527-7041 or at KCMalone3@... for direction/rain out questions.

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      **  Thieves of Heart

      This is currently only a Rapier practice however it is open to heavy fighters as well.  If you are a heavy fighter interested in this practice please contact Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@...

      Everyone is welcome to attend!

        Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

        http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook IL.

        Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        Exit Willow road to the EAST.  Aprox 1.9 miles to Shermer Road.

        Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the school and turn left.

        Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door to the gym that will be on your left as you enter the parking lot.

      **  Foxvale

        The Incipient Shire of Foxvale is currently not having fighter practices due to construction around the site.  As this changes I will happily keep you updated as I am updated.  If you know a place in the Foxvale area that can host a fighter practice please let them know.
        http://www.foxvale.org/

      **  Tree Girt Sea

      The meeting site is: United Church Of Christ, 5320 West Giddings, Chicago, IL, 60630 (one block south & west of Milwaukee/Lawrence, near the blue line & Jefferson Park Station).  Note, the church is continuing their pantry charity, so any canned goods or other non-perishable items will be accepted as donations.

      Questions can be Directed to the Tree Girt Sea Marshal of Fence Kevin Ambrozjewski.  His e-mail is kevinp9523@...

      WEDNESDAYS

      Sorcha's House - Heavy and Rapier Practice will run from 6:30 ish to 9pm.

      Location:  2351 Emerson Avenue -- Melrose Park, IL  60164
      Phone:  847 288 1106

      Conveniently located off just about every major highway, and less than 5min from O'Hare.  Mapquest or call for directions.