164Fun things to do in Ayreton

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Aug 6, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  Come and Garb with us!

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

        Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of indoor air conditioned space on Sundays as well.

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

          No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

      WEDNESDAYS

      ** Heraldry Night –

           Heraldry at Thorvold's is cancelled for the month of August.  Thorvold has said that it will start back up again in September with dates to be announced.

      ** Vanished Woods Project Night.

           We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

      Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

      Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thurs. August 24th (also moot)
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...