1494Re: [Ayreton] Re: Groups Transition Discussion

  • spdesroches@att.net
    Sep 17, 2007

      A couple of points

      First, the vote taken at that meeting was a preliminary one necessary to decide on whether or not to proceed. This was also done at Grey Gargoyles, with discussion amongst those who attended. The results had a similar outcome and percentage ratio in the voting of those who attended, namely overwhelmingly in favor of proceeding with the joining into a shell barony.

            The process requires initial public discussion on a face-to-face basis by those who care to attend a business meeting. Democracy and progress require attendance and actual participation, not just media screed. If you want a viable working opinion, get to your group's business meeting and vote.

           Second, our size is no real or mature barrier to the creation, administration or participation in a viable shell barony. Inspiration and dedication to excellence in one's crafts makes our local distances something which can be overcome, if not irrelevant. Many of us attend local events and practices just fine. Our Kingdom works just fine, too, distances or not. The individual can decide on whether or not to participate. It doesn't mean that the individual shouldn't have the chance to make their own decisions.

           Third, administration of monies remains a separate entity for each of the smaller groups. Each will have their own Seneschal, Exchequer, Puirsuivant and either Marshall or MoAS, according to Kingdom Law XIV-200. Individual cantons can still determine their own events, practices, and distribution of monies. A barony is a seperate entity with its own officers and bank account. No canton is required to give money to the barony.

           Our efforts toward this entity in this kingdom is not the first. The recent formation of the shell barony of Brendoken in east Ohio has helped pave the way for others here. It works for them so far.

      A reminder to all. Keep this list civilized, play nice and keep it to the facts.

      My Opinions Along with a lot of Facts

      THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches

      Puirsuivant, Grey Gargoyles

      Former Seneschal, Grey Gargoyles

      and a lot of cookies and former citizenships in and out of our kingdom

      ------------- Original message from "Drew Nicholson" <drewishdrewid@...>: --------------

      On 9/17/07, David Roland <mystborne@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > The Province of TGS voted and Announced themselves to be
      > overwhelmingly in favor of transitioning themselves to Canton status
      > in favor of an overarching Barony that would include many groups of
      > Ayreton. I believe the vote was announced 15 for and 2 against.
      > The archives certainly have the announcement in them if you and
      > others wish to locate the announcement.
      >
      > Ian the Green

      This is simply not true. and you should stop pushing this story.

      In fact, it was only members of the Province of Tree Girt Sea who were
      PRESENT at the meeting -- less than 20 people -- voted. By far, the
      VAST majority of the Province who were not present did not vote, and
      you may therefore NOT attribute favorable opinions to them.

      In any transition, the entire population of the Province would be< BR>officially polled, and there could possibly even be a viability
      threshold required to meet before any votes in favor or against would
      even be counted.

      Do not put words into other people's mouths, and do not count your
      chickens before they are hatched. You did it before you stepped down
      as "Areyton Cryer" and you're doing it now.

      Qui Tacet Consentit

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic