1462Re: *Visitors from Another Kingdom*

  • David Roland
    Sep 5, 2007
      Yes, the Direction do work from Darien as long as they know how to
      get to I-294 and understand that it is a toll road.

      Also the link provided in the Announcement gives a very good
      overhead map with highlights that are very understandable.

      The Thieves of Hearts Practice is an SCA practice and as such is
      open to everyone of all skill levels including that of the complete
      newcomer to fencing. There is loaner equipment that is available at
      all practices and like all loaner equipment it is first come, first
      serve.

      Ian the Green

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I was contacted by a couple of Scaians who are visiting from
      Drachenwald.
      > Being the perfect host I invited them to Thieves Of Hearts
      practice on Sept. 11th
      > without asking Warder Anton.
      > So, if there is practice next Tues, there will be people from
      Drachenwald there.
      > They will need to borrow everything. I have some extra stuff.
      > Does anyone know if the directions listed below work from Darien?
      >
      > -Kevin Ambrozijwski
      >
      > Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
      > Oyez, oyez! Here are the martial activities known to
      be happening in Ayreton this week. Thanks everyone for the
      corrections, please let me know if there are any other changes or
      updates.

      schedule. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@...

      > SUNDAY PRACTICES
      >
      > AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
      >

      > The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire
      of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site
      every Sunday of the month. We call this the Ayreton Fighter
      Practice.

      > This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday. By
      about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

      > Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site
      >
      > Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to
      construction. You may wish to take an alternate route. Alternate
      directions can be found at :

      > Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your
      alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake
      Shore Drive.

      > Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637
      >
      > - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago. Take I-90/I-
      90 and exit
      > at Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)
      >
      > - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5
      stoplights.

      > - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.
      >
      > - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the
      Midway Plaisance (59th St.)

      > - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is
      on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

      > Map Link
      > http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES
      >
      > TUESDAY PRACTICES
      >
      > Foxvale Fighther Practice/A&S Night
      >
      > On Tuesdays there is a fighter practice/A&S night in Aurora. We
      are at the Root Street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient
      shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you
      also may contact Foxvale's website.

      > Thieves of Hearts Practice
      >
      > Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.
      All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted. Rapier and aspiring
      rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one
      instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      > Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom
      North High School. Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

      > Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very
      useful and helpful overhead map can be found at:
      http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      > Text Directions are:
      >
      > - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.
      >
      > - Exit Willow Road to the East. Follow to Shermer.
      >
      > - Turn Left onto Shermer road. Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the
      last driveway into the
      > school and turn left.
      >
      > - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and
      then turn right behind the
      > tennis courts. The parking lot will be on your left. Look
      for the propped open door.

      > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If
      you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
      together announced feel free to contact me and request an
      announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
      together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
      made but only if you help me find them.

      > The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...
      >
      > If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-
      mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are
      requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
      user panel and lay it on us.

      > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
      pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic