1461*Visitors from Another Kingdom*

  • kevin purtrell
    Sep 5, 2007
      Hi,
         I was contacted by a couple of Scaians who are visiting from Drachenwald.
      Being the perfect host I invited them to Thieves Of Hearts practice on Sept. 11th
      without asking Warder Anton.
      So, if there is practice next Tues, there will be people from Drachenwald there.
      They will need to borrow everything. I have some extra stuff.
      Does anyone know if the directions listed below work from Darien?

      -Kevin Ambrozijwski

      Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
      Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton this week.  Thanks everyone for the corrections, please let me know if there are any other changes or updates.

      -- Gianetta, Deputy Towne Cryer

      YOUTH BOFFER

      Please contact Acelina, the marshal in charge, for the current schedule. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@....

      SUNDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

      This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday.  By about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

      Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive.

        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago
      . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
      59th St.)

      - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        Map Link
      http://grey- gargoyles. uchicago. edu/calendar/ #IDANOYES

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      Foxvale Fighther Practice/A&S Night

      On Tuesdays there is a fighter practice/A&S night in Aurora. We are at the Root Street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also may contact Foxvale's website.

      Thieves of Hearts Practice

      Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

      Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves. ayreton.org/

      Text Directions are:

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the
        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

      The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

      If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.