1426Re: [Ayreton] Upcoming Events

  • Drew Nicholson
    Aug 24, 2007
      MKAOD is in a week.

      On 8/23/07, spdesroches@... <spdesroches@... > wrote:

      Greetings Good Citizens of Ayreton

           I, your Lord Mayor, am here to remind all that we have several events to discuss here in the coming days. Closest is the next Ayreton Carnivale, hopefully soon enough that an orderly succession may be arranged for my replacement. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but now is the time to begin planning. Even more important, the Kingdom is in need of bids for Spring Coronation, as well as Spring Crown Tourney. Finally we have been asked to host the Rose Tourney in 2009.

           The first two require almost immediate attention to begin planning, the last would be comforting to the organizers to at least have a comittment from us soon. I know that we have the means to accomplish these important upcoming events in a timely fashion, and show the Kingdom our spiff!

      In Service to The Midrealm and Ayreton

      THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches

      Your Lord Mayor

      -------------- Original message from John Railing <malkinius@...>: --------------

      Greetings all.....

      Political Correctness is not period. It won't be invented for more
      than 350 years after the SCA cut off date. Hurting the feelings of
      and calling other groups various insulting names is perfectly period.
      It extends from before SCA period to well afterwards. Therefore call
      whoever you want whatever you want. However, in good period fashion,
      be prepared to defend your words with your body. <grins>

      I, for one, will call the mundanes mundane, as I have been doing for 30 years.

      Now...back to your mundane world and 'modern' forms of communication.

      Be well all....

      John Malkin aMalkin

      --
      John Railing aka Malkin
      1041 Nerge Rd., Apt. 104 * Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * 812-320-1447

      --
      Qui Tacet Consentit
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic