1300Re: [Ayreton] Re: Ayreton Event, Symbols and Mayoral Selection

  • Wolfram von Waldersbach
    Jul 9, 2007
      Although the Grey Gargoyles have hosted at least one Crown Tournament (Fall
      Crown 1987- won by Count Sir Corwyn Dragonstar) and at least two Coronations
      (Duke Sir Talymar gan Llwynn in May 1980, and Duke Sir Fuyusuru Tadashi in
      October 1989), I'm inclined to agree with Tedesco regarding Spring Crown and
      Kingdom A&S event. While I didn't think the turnout for this past Spring
      Crown was very high (and yes, I did attend both days), I'm assuming that was
      at least partly because of its location and that other Spring Crown
      Tournaments are more well-attended.

      If the Ayreton area were to hold a Spring Crown, Glenbrook North High School
      would be a more ideal location, in terms of space, access and parking.

      In Service,

      -Wolfram von Waldersbach
      Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles

      >From: "Tedesco da Venezia" <tedesco@...>
      >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Re: Ayreton Event, Symbols and Mayoral Selection
      >Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:09:46 -0500
      >
      >I too highly doubt Ida Noyes could handle a Spring Crown and Kingdom A&S
      >these days. First of all, we could NOT use the Midway-- that land is city
      >property, not school, and in order to run an event on that land, ya gotta
      >pay someone. Second, unless you do the actual tournament in the theater
      >(1st floor movie/presentation theater, not the upstairs one) it does not
      >have enough space for an event of that size. If we COULD get the theater
      >it
      >actually wouldn't be too bad-- plenty of extra space and seating-- but that
      >theater is run by a different organization than the rest of Ida Noyes...
      >Not to mention, access, parking, facilities, etc.
      >
      >~Desco~
      >
      >On 7/9/07, Drew Nicholson <drewishdrewid@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I can't imagine Ida Noyes -- or the Midway itself, for that matter --
      >>being able to handle that kind of load -- Spring Crown pulls hundreds of
      >>people. The access issues alone would create havoc.
      >>
      >>On 7/9/07, Robin Goldman <ladyscribe07@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > I think we should do do Spring Crown at Ida Noyes if we can, although
      >> > the school could work fine too. I agree with Ian, we need to decide
      >>now if
      >> > we are doing it or not.
      >> >
      >> > Eleanor

      >> > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.
      >> > Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
      >> > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48224/*http://sims.yahoo.com/>
      >> >

      >>--
      >>Qui Tacet Consentit