13Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Mar 20, 2006
      Ayreton Area Activities, Demos and all things SCA
      **Ayreton Lady Mayor Potluck
      The Lady Mayor of Ayreton does wish it to be announced, and I do as da boss sez, that she shall be holding a pot luck at Grey Gargoyles April 2nd at 1pm.  Incidentally da bosses over der said is was okay.  So bring ya food, bring ya fun and bring anything else youz think da Lady Mayor might be likin'.
      The potluck will be a great time to interact with the Acelina the Lady Mayor of Ayreton.
      **New comers workshops
      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles would like to announce that it is beginning a series of newcomers workshops.
      This first work shop shall happen April 9th 1PM and is a Newcomer's orientation into the SCA!  It will cover such things as What is an SCA event and what can you do there, How is the social interaction different and how do I fit in and other such things.
      This workshop shall be run by Countess Sir Fern whose motto is "Mischevious when bored."
      **Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.
      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.
      This month that is March 14 and the 28th.
      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.
      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium
      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL
      Thursday, April 6
      Thursday, April 27 (also moot)
      WEDNESDAY, May 3** NOTE Wed. May 3, not Thur. May 4 as normal
      Thursday, May 25 (also moot)
      Thursday, June 1
      Thursday, JUNE 29 (also moot)** NOTE June 29, not June 22 as normal
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      ** Sewing Guild
      March meeting dates is Thurdays March 23rd.
      They begin at 6:30 pm at Abbess Katherine' s house.
      1860 Eastman Lane Hanover Park, IL 60133
      Please RSVP 24 hours in advance by phone or email: knwkfw@... your plans to attend and whether you'll want to join us for dinner.

      SHOE IN
      Sunday March 26th
      For the Shoe-in I'm planning for the end of March, I'd like to see a gathering to work on, think about, plan, share tools and techniques and generally have fun with shoes.  I will be happy to provide whatever guidance I can and am interested in sharing what I know and learning whatever anyone can bring to share with others.  Bring your leather, books or just yourself and questions.  I'm not doing this to sell anything so I won't be able to provide raw materials, just in house tools, books and advice.  If you have any more questions, contact me at:
      920 N 3rd Avenue
      Maywood, IL 60153
      (708) 344-8320
      Foxvale Demo
      The Incipient Shire of Foxvale has been asked to provide a demo on medieval life for a home-school group in Joliet.  The date of the demo is Thursday, April 27th.  The timeframe they have given us is 10:20 am - 12:15 pm.
      This is a church-based group; the first part of the time block is their devotional period, during which they suggested we do a segment on church history.  The remainder of the time will be class and lunch.  The class we will be addressing is about 20 students in the 3rd-4th grade range; the more 'hands on' the presentation, the better.
      We will be demonstrating armor (construction, at least, and perhaps a bit of actual fighting if a marshall is available), dancing and games.  We hope to have a variety of arts, crafts and sciences as well, depending on the skills of the good gentles who join us.  Heraldry would be most welcome, as the students will be doing their own coat of arms projects.  We have inquired about archery, and may do some cooking in conjunction with lunch.
      Anyone interested in participating in this demo should contact Berngard (called Moose), Coordinator of Demos & Displays for the Incipient Shire of Foxvale at danceswithwords42@....  (mka Dori Becker) and are urged to attend Foxvale Moot on March 21st (www.foxvale.org for details and directions).
      Information about the school group and their location is available at www.jaccinc.org
      As the Towne Cryer's position has evolved and grown there have been many changes.  There is a new change that is being undertaken as we speak.  There is now an Ayreton Discussion Group that is for making announcements.
      For the next month or so I will be posting on all websites as I regularly do.  Then the month after that I shall simply send out announcements about the Ayreton Discussion Group on the same regular schedule.  After that all announcements to discussion groups will dwindle to about 1 announcement a month unless there is a major or time sensative announcement that needs to be made.
      This does NOT affect any personal e-mailing you will be receiving.  It ONLY affects announcements made to groups.  If you have any questions about this process at all please feel free to contact me.
      The Ayreton Discussion Group already has over 30 members.  Please find it at:
      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

      Yahoo! Mail