1298Re: [Ayreton] Re: Ayreton Event, Symbols and Mayoral Selection

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Jul 9, 2007
      I too highly doubt Ida Noyes could handle a Spring Crown and Kingdom A&S these days.  First of all, we could NOT use the Midway-- that land is city property, not school, and in order to run an event on that land, ya gotta pay someone.  Second, unless you do the actual tournament in the theater (1st floor movie/presentation theater, not the upstairs one) it does not have enough space for an event of that size.  If we COULD get the theater it actually wouldn't be too bad-- plenty of extra space and seating-- but that theater is run by a different organization than the rest of Ida Noyes...  Not to mention, access, parking, facilities, etc.

      ~Desco~

      On 7/9/07, Drew Nicholson <drewishdrewid@...> wrote:

      I can't imagine Ida Noyes -- or the Midway itself, for that matter -- being able to handle that kind of load -- Spring Crown pulls hundreds of people.  The access issues alone would create havoc.

      On 7/9/07, Robin Goldman <ladyscribe07@...> wrote:

      I think we should do do Spring Crown at Ida Noyes if we can, although the school could work fine too.  I agree with Ian, we need to decide now if we are doing it or not.

      Eleanor

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

      --
      Qui Tacet Consentit