1282Re: [Ayreton] Re: The Process

  • Metylda
    Jul 6, 2007
      I would not count on a meeting at MKAOD. I was told
      by those having more wisdom than I, that having the
      Ayretown meeting was an exception and that the rule of
      Ravenslake has been no meetings are to take place at
      our events.

      Metylda

      --- pennsic_ulf <TCD3125@...> wrote:

      > "When is a realistic date to set for group's to
      > decide if we'd like
      > to move forward?"
      > With Pennsic coming up fast for those who are going
      > I'm not sure if
      > most groups will be able to have a serious
      > continuous discussion
      > until after war is over. After the individual
      > groups have had a
      > chance to discuss the different options among
      > themselves then the
      > different group ideas will need to be form into an
      > Ayreton area
      > consensus. This may take some time. Upcoming event
      > where there is
      > a chance for people to meet and discuss are:
      >
      > August 31-2 - Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense 10
      > {Ravenslake}
      > [Lakemoor, IL]
      >
      > September 22- Foxhunt 3 {Foxvale (Rokkehealden)}
      > [Yorkville, IL]
      >
      > November 3 - All Soul's Liberate Jerusalem: One
      > Man's Infidel
      > is Another Man's Martyr {Vanished Wood} [Elgin, IL]
      >
      > In addition to these events would people be
      > interested in picking a
      > Saturday or Sunday in September or October when
      > there isn't a local
      > event going on and meeting and finding a large open
      > place where
      > people can meet to discuss this idea so we don't
      > either over run the
      > scheduled programming at an event or cause
      > interested people to miss
      > the meeting because of their duties at an event.
      >
      > To this effect I feel October 1st is an optimistic
      > date and 12th
      > Night in January would be a more realistic date to
      > have the groups
      > decisions due by. From there if enough groups are
      > in support then
      > we move forward with asking for the official polling
      > process to
      > begin.
      >
      > "How many groups do we need to move forward? 4? 5?
      > 6? Is it all or
      > nothing?
      > This would depend on what form we decide on. The
      > major rule is that
      > the land are must be continuous. So if Vanished
      > Wood and Tree-Grit-
      > Sea say no that effectively would cut the area in
      > half, while if
      > Ravenslake and FoxVale were to opt out the other
      > groups would still
      > be connected. Also could depend on hot the vote
      > itself is
      > structured if it is set as all the groups have their
      > own polls or is
      > it one poll for the entire area with the same
      > outcome for all
      > groups.
      >

      > "If the area decides to remain as is, what is the
      > time frame for
      > asking the question again?"
      > If history holds it would be at least 5 to 10 years
      > before it would
      > be tried again.

> [...]

      There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

      *****

      Me þæt wyrd gewæf