1267The Process

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Jul 3, 2007
      Hi Everyone,
      After having read the documents about the group transition process, I believe that the next official step in the process would be for the seneschals of all the groups interested in forming a barony (or principality) to complete a petition and send it to the Crown (via the Transititions Office).
      So, at this point, hopefully all of the groups will have this discussion in person at the next several business meetings. Take a vote (however the groups decides is fair) and decide if your shire/province wants to advance to a barony. Have your seneschal confer with the other seneschals. There are 8 steps to be followed for baronial advancement and they are quite detailed. Please, please, please go and read how it all works so we can be armed with knowledge.
      What would probably also be useful is for us to send our questions to the Transitions Officer and have them addressed fully. I am more than happy to compile a list of questions and forward them on and then send the reply back to the list.
      When is a realistic date to set for group's to decide if we'd like to move forward? Oct 1? I would humbly suggest that the seneschals talk after whatever date we set as a group and figure out how many groups voted in the affirmative. How many groups do we need to move forward? 4? 5? 6? Is it all or nothing? If the area decides to remain as is, what is the time frame for asking the question again. 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?
      Also, make sure you're sharing this with those members not on the internet. We need to hear everyone's voice on this issue.
      Thanks for listening.
      The Honourable Lady Sarafina Sinclair, CDH,CE
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic