1232Re: [Ayreton] barony/province/duchy/canton/laander/very small rocks question

  • Earik MacSkellie
    Jun 30, 2007
      Tedesco, I was wondering where you got your information about crossing state lines. Or perhaps I am confused as to what you mean by chapter. Since the discussion has mutated to the sometimes inclusion of principality, I wonder if you could clarify what you are referring to - barony or principality. Thanks.

      On 6/29/07, Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@...> wrote:

      That is what the purpose of last Saturday's town meeting was supposed to be for.  No doubt, we will have others during this process (MKAOD, All Souls, 12th Night--just like last year) but I can see a certain value in having one specifically NOT during an event.  Unfortunately, finding a time and date where everyone can get together is not an easy task.  The nice thing about using the mailing lists is people can chime in any time they have a free moment, and with OVER 170 subscribers we are potentially involving more people in the discussion than any meeting ever could-- at the very least, more people are hearing the discussion that is taking place.

      The mayor's intention was for this to start, discussion to take place here, discussion to happen at the individual shire meetings lead by their individual seneschals, then we would have a follow-up area wide meeting where the seneschals (and anyone else who wishes to participate) act as representatives for their shires and voice all concerns, comments, etc, and perhaps take another area-wide poll, this time with a much greater distribution.

      No, there is no way we can involve NW Indiana.  Chapter borders are not allowed to cross regional borders (state lines).  There are some NW Indiana folk on this mailing list, and no doubt if we did something along these lines they would continue to subscribe to have a better idea of what's going on, which is fine.  On top of that, Grey Hope has publicly stated that while they want to be a good neighbor, they did not want to join in, not wanting to be an stated part of the unofficial "Town of Ayreton".

      ~Tedesco~

      On 6/29/07, elliot liebson <eliebson@... > wrote:

      --I like this discussion, but I am wondering if we could have a region-wide
      moot (insert term of choice here) expresslly and solely for the purpose of
      discussing this issue?  I think it would be very productive to have as many
      well-informed bodies in the room as possible bouncing ideas off one another,
      and perhaps, if we are lucky, come up with a proposal or three for the
      populace to consider.  That does NOT necessarily mean having formal
      petitions for everyone; it could simply be: 'we came up with these three
      ideas that the discussiongroup generally can live with: what do you think?'

      Here's a question: supposing that did happen, and proposals were made, and
      discussed among the various groups, and suppose one or two received strong
      consensus.  What then?  Do they go to the Crown and the BoD?  do said bodies
      have to review these things before the populace discusses them?  Again I
      apologize for nit-pickiness, but I'm starting to shift into the
      OK-lets-move-into-more-action-and-less-discussion mode.  My sense is that
      there is at least an interest in having serious discussion, and I don't see
      that an internet listserve, however well-done, will move the conversation
      forward to next steps.  (and if I'm wrong or out of turn feel free to give
      me a smack-on-head).  So again; shall we have a Big Meeting (tm)?  if it's
      on the weekend I'll even (gulp) volunteer to take notes and help moderate
      (this is part of what I do for a living).  What say you all?

      YIS
      Salamon
      (PS: adding yet another level of complexity: would NW indiana be included?)

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: