1190RE: [Ayreton] Ayreton baronial question

  • elliot liebson
    Jun 29, 2007
      --I'm wondering if a shell barony would address the local group power
      issues. All groups would have the opportunity to submit input for selection
      of baron and baroness (who could be from any one of the groups in question),
      and we could designate certain events as 'baronial level' events (Border
      Skirmish and TGS 12th night come to mind, and I'm sure there are others), at
      which there would be baronial court.

      However; would there be a baronial bureaucracy? for example, a baronial
      exchequer? I bring that title up because the money issue is probably going
      to be one of the first ones raised. Also, on a more mundane level, who
      keeps the baronial regalia (such as there is)? Is there a baronial meeting
      site? Does it change with the baron/baroness? At Pennsic, Lillies, Gulf
      Wars, etc., do we go to war as the barony, or as our individual groups? Do
      we camp together? Fight together?

      I know that these are nit-picky questions, but having put more than one not
      for profit together, I have found that getting these questions answered
      satisfactorily upfront makes everyone happier later on. And I certainly do
      not have the answers myself; we all do.

      (of course if we established a duchy instead of a barony, then we would be a
      royal shell duchy. On second thought, let's not; people will just ask us
      for oil.)

      Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i�m Initiative now.
      It�s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_June07
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic