1003Re: [Ayreton] 7 1/2 halberd Question

  • Christian Fournier
    May 21, 2007
      So I was wanting to build a 7 1/2 halberd to take to Lilies war, and so I
      just checked out the calontir marshals handbook and it says that any polearm
      over 4 ft must have a striking surface of at least 18 inches. I then went
      and checked the Middle Kingdom Marshals handbook and did not find this same
      restriction.

      The pre-formed axe rubber axe head I have unfortunately only carries a 7
      inch striking surface. As I read Calontir's weapon restrictions, this means
      I need to find a different head or build a different head if I want to fight
      with this weapon at Lilies.

      Sounds like it-- though you have some options, still:  First, send an email to  LiliesMarshal@...  and ask if all weapons must follow Calontir's handbook.  It's possible that a weapon built to the Society rule may be allowed, given how many people come to Lillies from other Kingdoms.

      Second, if you need this weapon to be Calontir-legal, consider building an 18" striking surface (must be padded), with the 7" axe head as a protruding part of that.  Won't so much look like any weapon I've ever seen, but it'll give you what you want and fit their rules.

       Christian Fournier
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic