1001Re: PA Laws- Hauling stuff to Pennsic-- Cross Post

  • ayretontownecryer
    May 16, 2007
      It seems that this new law applies only to trailers registered in or
      owned by those that live in the state of Pennsylvania.

      That said prudence would suggest making sure that your trailer is in
      good working order and that it looks like it is in good working
      order as well.

      Ian the Green

      > This was on the middlebridge and I know a lot us take trailers
      to Pennsic.... so thought it was worth passing on.
      > Elaine

      Pennsic

      > All -
      >

      > I ran across this information on an SCA-related message board
      this morning. Can't verify the accuracy, but it probably doesn't
      hurt to be aware of the possibility just in case:

      > YIS
      >
      > Wlfleda
      >

      > "For those of you who haul utility trailers with your goods
      for War/ War Practice, beware that Pennsylvania Police Departments
      are currently doing a crackdown on vehicles hauling trailers. This
      stems from a collision between a Minivan and a trailer that was not
      properly secured to the vehicle pulling it. 3 people were killed
      including 2 very young children. This happened in Richland Township
      on Route 8, which is a short jump, on the highway from Cooper's
      Lake. Police department's are doing one and 2 day stings, pulling
      over vehicles hauling trailers and doing roadside inspections. If
      you would like to know what the PA state law says regarding
      trailers, I have posted it below.
      > www.pacode.com/ secure/dat. ..apGtoc. html
      > Be sure you have the appropriate break away safeguards, and that
      chains from the trailer to the vehicle are crossed.