just a few tickets left for the Sun Ra Arkestra at Cafe Oto, Tues / Wed / Thurs Dec. 6 / 7/ 8, London

  • Margaret Davis Grimes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011
      From a Cafe Oto publicity Email received just now:

      SUN RA ARKESTRA UNDER THE DIRECTION OF MARSHALL ALLEN:
      THREE-DAY RESIDENCY

      Tuesday 6 December '11 • 8PM • £22 / £25 door - less than 30 tickets remaining!
      Wednesday 7 December '11 • 8PM • £22 / £25 door - less than 15 tickets remaining!
      Thursday 8 December '11 • 8PM • SOLD OUT

      The Arkestra is back! We love a big band, and the Arkestra is perhaps one of the most influential big bands of all time. This will be their fourth residency at Cafe OTO, and many will remember the five extraordinary concerts they gave when the Icelandic ash cloud made them our house band for a few precious days. They've been keen to get back to OTO after their last visit and we're thrilled to give everyone a chance to see them dip into their vast songbook in such an intimate setting.

      Check the Cafe OTO website http://www.cafeoto.co.uk for up-to-date listings.

      [NOTE from Margaret:  If you'll still be in the vicinity a couple of days later, on Monday, December 12th, the great Henry Grimes is playing here solo and with Paul Dunmall and Roger Turner.  http://www.cafeoto.co.uk/henry-grimes-paul-dunmall-roger-turner.shtm.]

      Cafe OTO. 18-22 Ashwin Street. London. E8 3DL. +44 (0)20 7923 1231. info@....