LSG New Music Series 8/4/11 zBug, Libertas

  • Rent Romus
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2011
      Outsound & Luggage Store Present
      The New Music Series
      The Luggage Store Gallery
      1007 Market St. at 6th St
      San Francisco, California USA
      Thursday, Aug 4, 2011 8:00 PM

      8pm: Libertas (Free-jazz/free-punk sax/electronics/percussion with Tom Griesser, Liz Byrne and Wade Driver)

      9pm: zBug
      David Leikam - moog rogue/electric bass/piano
      Sheila Bosco - drumset/percussion/electro​nics
      Phillip Greenlief - saxophone
      ... and others, TBA

      zBug aka z_bug is an industrial jazz unit based in San Francisco, CA that presents structured improvisational music sets based on the performance venue and compositional themes along with featuring prominent video artists and musical guests on selected concert engagements. They have also been associated with Wadada Leo Smith, Kidd Jordan, Eddie Gale, and Lou Reed's Metal Machine Trio.

      LIBERTAS is a FREEJAZZ/FREE PUNK group from SAN FRANCISCO consisting of TOM GRIESSER - tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, clarinet / LIZ BYRNE - electronics, tape machine, percussion / Wade Driver - drums, anything & everything. The sound ranges from subtle gestures to cataclysmic noise. LIBERTAS is revolutionary in essence both sonically and politically. We can be very aggressive but we retain our sense of humor...aspects of the music are comical like an old video game but sometimes the mood can be very dark.

      Sliding $6-10

      Outsound Presents is a 501(c)3 artist run organization
      The Luggage Store Gallery is a non-profit arts organization
      that graciously provides venue support.
      For Gallery info tel: 415-255-5971
      For booking email Rent Romus: outsoundorg@...
      To get to the LSG New Music Series take BART to the Powell
      street station and walk a little over a block to 6th and Market.
      Parking is best on Mission between 6th and 7th Sts.
      for more info visit
      http://www.outsound.org/
      http://www.luggagestoregallery.org/