SIMM Series 5/4/08, SF

  • Rent Romus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 8:21 PM
      OUTSOUND Presents...
      SIMM New Music Series
      116 9th St. @ Mission, San Francisco
      7:30 PM, donation
      $10 general $8 student/senior $5 artist
      kids under 12 free
      http://www.outsound.org

      Sunday, May 4 2008 7:30 PM
      Cuatro de Mayo celebration

      7:30
      Mihaly/Schmitz Duo
      Dave Mihaly - drums
      Marc Schmitz - guitar
      extemporaneous versions or allusions to:
      "Within You, Without You" by George Harrison
      "Love and Happiness" by Al Green and Mabon Hodges
      "Jona I" an Apache melody and some as of yet unnamed compositions.

      8:30
      Noertker's Moxie
      Annelise Zamula - saxes, flute
      Jim Peterson - saxes, flute
      Bill Noertker - contrabajo
      Jason Levis - drums

      Performing Tex-Mex border music from the 1920s and 1930s, a famous mariachi tune from Guadalajara, and an original Noertker composition inspired by Frida Kahlo's 1938 painting "What the Water Gave Me" It's also Jason Levis's last gig with Moxie before he moves to Berlin.
      $10 gen/$8 student/senior/$5 artist/children under 12 free
      THE MUSIC UNION HALL 116 9th Street @ Mission St., 1.5 blocks from Civic Center Street BART, San Francisco. Outsound presents...The SIMM Series is a musician run/audience funded music series now in it's eighth season bringing highly professional and truly adventurous music that would not normally be heard or supported by mainstream society. Outsound is an emerging non-profit presenting organization dedicated to presenting artists by artists.  We ask that you contribute $10 in support of the artists. All Ages welcome, $5 minimum entry. Kids under 12 free.
      For series info
      tel: 415-905-4425; web: http://www.outsound.org/

      Be a better friend, newshound, and