LSG New Music Series @ The Luggage Store Gallery! Thurs 07/7/05, 8pm SF

  • Rent Romus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005
      *****************************
      OUTSOUND PRESENTS
      LSG New Music Series @
      LUGGAGE STORE GALLERY
      1007 Market St. @ 6th St
      San Francisco, California USA
      *****************************
      Thursday, July 7 2005 8:00 PM
      Luggage Store Gallery New Music Series
      1007 Market St. @ 6th Street

      9pm: Ernesto Diaz-Infante - solo acoustic steelstring
      guitar / Mantra-esque strumming. "A meditation on
      peace for the Iraqi children and civilians"

      8pm: The Cardew Choir performs a Luggage
      Store-specific work: "Market and Sixth" by Bob Marsh

      The Cardew Choir is a large vocal performance ensemble
      formed in the San Francisco Bay Area by Kattt Sammon,
      Bob Marsh and Tom Bickley. The group provides an
      exciting intersection between community and
      experimental music, with both professional and
      thoughtful amateur singers. Frequently, the choir
      performs works by Pauline Oliveros, Cornelius Cardew,
      Viv Corringham, along with many unique works composed
      by its members. Tonight's performance will be the
      premiere of "Market and Sixth" by Bob Marsh.

      Born in Salinas, California, Ernesto Diaz-Infante, is
      of Mexican and Native American ancestry. He received
      his BA from the College of Creative Studies at
      University of California, Santa Barbara and his MFA in
      Music Composition from California Institute of the
      Arts. His musical compositions span a broad
      perspective: transcendental piano, noise, avant-garde
      guitar, field recordings, lo-fi four-track
      manipulations, and experimental song. ED-I has
      performed throughout Europe and the United States, and
      his music has been broadcasted internationally. He has
      recorded more than 15 CDs of music and collaborated
      with numerous musicans. In 2000, his composition, I/O
      (for chamber ensemble), was performed by the
      California EAR Unit. He has been awarded residencies
      at the Centre International de Recherche Musicale
      (CIRM) in Nice, France, The Millay Colony for the
      Arts, Villa Montalvo, The Ucross Foundation, among
      others. In 1997, he began Pax Recordings record label
      which is dedicated to the documentation, preservation,
      and contagion of music from the margins of our culture
      and psyches. ED-I curated The Luggage Store Gallery's
      Creative Music Series (2000-2002) night of improvised
      and experimental music. He also co-founded the Big Sur
      Experimental Festival (1999-2004) and San Francisco
      Alternative Music Festival (2000-2003).
      He presently lives with his girlfriend, filmmaker
      Marjorie Sturm, and his baby, Ezra Octavio, in San
      Francisco. He and Marjorie recently formed the Neshama
      Alma Band, a four-track project recorded in their
      living room. They co-conspire and run Pax Recordings.
      Their most recent release is a compilation CD of
      twenty-six artists titled "Voices in the Wilderness:
      Dissenting Soundscapes and Songs of G.W.'s America."
      As well, ED-I is presently exploring and focusing on
      mantra-esque acoustic guitar strumming. For more info
      check out http://www.paxrecordings.com/ernesto/
      "Ernesto is by now to be considered one of the most
      attentive, ear-opening, brain-splitting creatives in
      the new music scene."--Massimo Ricci, Touching
      Extremes.

      The first 5 paying audience members will receive a
      free copy of the "Voices in the Wilderness: Dissenting
      Soundscapes and Songs of G.W.'s America." compilation.

      Cost : $6-10
      It is a non-profit corporation funded by the City of
      San Francisco, grants, and your contributions.We ask
      that you contribute $6-10. All Ages welcome, no one
      refused for lack of funds.
      For Gallery info tel: 415.255.5971;
      For booking email Rent Romus: rentromus@...

      for more info visit:
      http://www.outsound.org/
      http://www.luggagestoregallery.org/
      http://www.bayimproviser.com/luggagestore

      the inner groove on the edge of tone
      http://www.edgetonerecords.com
      Some of the most innovative music of our time
      http://www.uircmusic.com
      more...
      http://www.romus.net , http://www.sfalt.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com