Toronto-area experimental music list

  • fred fred
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      JOIN SoundList!

      SoundList is an E-mailing list for announcements of
      events involving experimental music, free
      improvisation, sound art, electroacoustic music, new
      concert music, sound poetry or sound sculpture in (or
      near) Toronto, Canada.

      SoundList already has more than 700 subscribers. It
      is moderated and the traffic is low-volume:
      announcements are compiled and posted weekly. The
      E-mail addresses of subscribers are treated as
      strictly confidential. To subscribe, visit
      http://audiolab.uwaterloo.ca/~soundlst/
      It's free.

      Please forward this message to any potentially
      interested individual or forum.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • King Seesar
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2002
        Dear Experimental Fans,

        First off; my appologis for cross posting. I hope that I am not bothering
        anyone with my news about the ON! Trio.

        I want to let everyone know that the ON! Trio will be traveling through
        Germany this March, spreading the good word about improvised creative
        music!! The Trio features Jeff Gburek (USA) on Guitar, Violin, and Asian
        Traditional instruments, Ralf Peters (Germany) on Electric Basses, and Will
        Connor (USA) on Trap Set, Tibetan Ritual Percussion, and Flute.

        You can check out some music from their last German tour, with their
        previous drummer, Olli Kraus (Germany) from the summer of 2000 at
        http://www.mp3.com/ON_trio/ to see what you might expect from this time
        through.

        Currently the dates for the tour are as follows:

        March 1st in Bremen at ZAKK with the P.A.K. Trio and Ron Anderson
        March 5th in Frankfurt at Etwas Fehlt
        March 6th in Hanau at the Matrix with Tobias Schmitt (don't miss him!! His
        material is OUTSTANDING!)
        March 7th in Cottbus
        March 8th in Altenburg
        March 15th in Berlin at the Jazz Keller with Ernesto Diaz-Infante and Chris
        Forsyth
        March 16th in Berlin at the Jazz Keller with Thomas Borgmann and John Randal
        Pelosi
        March 23rd in Hanau at the Matrix with John Randal Pelosi and Dimitri
        Scheinder

        Also, the ON! trio needs your help, not only in attending these shows and
        enjoying yourself, but the ON! Trio has lost a few shows during the week of
        March 9th through the 14th and they are looking for assistance in filling
        these spots. If you know of anywhere they can try to get a gig during these
        dates, please contact WIll Connor directly at kingseesar@... or call
        +1 (919) 821 2297.

        We hope to see you at the shows and if you can't make it, there will be
        recordings made from these live shows, so look for them to be released
        during the summer of 2002.

        Take care!!

        Will Connor

        ON! Trio