Re: symbol question

  • mechante_anemone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
      You can undock the symbol library toolbar and extend its edges as
      needed to see all the symbols. Then dock it again if you want it out
      of the way. I think "City" is the category that has the most icons,
      so if you can fit the toolbar for it, the other categories should all
      be legible.

      --
      Sophie

      --- In autorealm@y..., "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@b...> wrote:
      > I have a question about the symbol toolbar. I can see that there
      are
      > more symbols than show up in each symbol library tab, but I do not
      see a
      > way to get to those other symbols. The only scroll arrows I see are
      for
      > the other tabs, not for the symbols in each tab. Am I missing
      something?

      > bblackmoor@b...
      > 2001-12-31
    • bblackmoor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
        --- In autorealm@y..., "mechante_anemone" <slagace@t...> wrote:
        > You can undock the symbol library toolbar and extend
        > its edges as needed to see all the symbols.

        That works up to a point, but I don't see any way to make the row of
        symbols "wrap" so that they're on more than one line, and I don't see
        any way to scroll left-right in the row of symbols that are
        displayed. So basically you can only have as many symbols on a "tab"
        that will fit on one row in the AutoRealm window....

        I humbly submit that this whole symbol-tab interface needs
        reevaluation. Here is my suggestion: a palette that automatically
        wraps the symbols if the palette isn't wide enough to show them on
        one row. It should also scroll up-down if there are more rows of
        symbols than can be fit into the palette's current size. Rather than
        tabs at the top, there should be a drop-down box that lists the names
        of the symbol libraries.

        If the symbol library palette was reworked in this fashion, the
        symbols would be easier to get to, there'd be no need to scroll back
        and forth through the tabs, and less space would be wasted on the
        names of the symbol libraries.

        bblackmoor@...
        2002-01-01