Re: Still here

  • ipatrol
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 25, 2011
      --- In AutoREALM@yahoogroups.com, Peter Kovacs <legine@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > the hg is the Versioning system used by autorealm.
      >
      > I do believe at the moment no Developer is actively constantly working on the Project.
      > The ongoing development was a port away from Delphi.
      > I think thats something different then common development. The Delphi Code has not been Maintained for a longer period of time.
      >
      > See you
      > Legine

      Hmm, may I suggest a port to Python? We can make better use of either Tk, GTK+, or Qt and create a much cleaner interface. Python also supports Blender integration, so a 2d map can be made into a 3d landscape, which through the BGE can be used in an actual video game. I'll help.
    • Robert Huff
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 26, 2011
        ipatrol writes:

        > Hmm, may I suggest a port to Python? We can make better use of
        > either Tk, GTK+, or Qt and create a much cleaner
        > interface. Python also supports Blender integration, so a 2d map
        > can be made into a 3d landscape, which through the BGE can be
        > used in an actual video game. I'll help.

        The first conversion away from Delphi was to C++.
        At some point, the developer (note the singular) got frustrated
        and tried re-designing in Python. Last time I talked to him - many
        months ago - that was the active wing of the project.
        You will have to contact him for further details.

        Robert Huff
      • Richard Di Ioia
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 5, 2011
          I still read the emails.

          Richard D.

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
            I am still here. I look forward to the updates.

            David Howard, M.B.A. Cand, M.S. Cand., B.S., A.S., C.T.S., C.P.M., C.E.T.R., C.R.M., R.S.I.-2, S.P.H.R.
            President,
            Torchlight Books
            919-665-1844

            ________________________________
            It's been 20 mos since last hg commit, is this proj still active? We should move this list to sourceforge along with all the files.

          • Thomas Machin
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
              Good Grief David! You have so many letters after your name, it looks like
              several alphabet soups in a big bowl!

              So, the general question I'm seeing is in relation to the possibility of updates
              to the program being posted either in the files section here or a posted link in
              the links section or the group header.

              While I only have had issues when going to Win7, I have seen some issues in
              relation to some video drivers. The only drivers I have not seen an issue with
              is nVidea drivers. A quick search in the group shows a possible relation to the
              issues with printing in green or the blue-tinged screens. There are also
              settings to compensate for that, but I don't remember exactly where they are.

              ________________________________

              It's been 20 mos since last hg commit, is this proj still active? We should move
              this list to sourceforge along with all the files.

            • Devin Cutler
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
                I have a hellacious time in Autorealms when I position objects in relation to the grid (i.e. bhind or in front of) and then when I close the window and reopen it, or I save and close the file and reopen it, or when I print it the relationship randomly changes.

                I like to have my gridlines ABOVE terrain features like lakes and forests so that I can always count the squares. It is annoying beyond belief to precisely set everything up and then have it all go to mush.

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
                  I have never used the grid, so I cannot help you.

                  David Howard

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                    Is the layering option not working for you? I use the grid from one and lay it
                    over the other setting the transparency so it looks clean. That way, it doesn't
                    affect the positioning of my items.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                      The emails are my "manual" for Autorealm, since there really isn't one...  *S*