new guy intro

  • llazlo1172
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2009
      Ok guys so i've tackled the project of creating maps for my resurrected Scarred Lands campaign that I'm running under the Pathfinder Rules. That stated however I know NOTHING about a computerized map making program. I don't even mind paying for such a program if the images it will create are nice / clean image that look good and can be converted to .jpg or a .pdf or something for ease of printing at my local Kinko's (print shop).

      My end goal? To create LARGE wall maps that are poster size or larger and did not require a PHD to create with the map making program.

      Can AutoRealm do all of this without a massive learning curve? I'm ok with a few days - couple of weeks to get up to speed with a program, but several weeks - months? Not so much.

      ALTERNATE OPTION: If anyone has already created maps of the Scarred Lands (specifically Durrover and the surrounding area) please feel free to say hi and we can compare notes!

      Lazlo
    • Lwaxana Troi
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2009
        llazlo1172 wrote:
        > Ok guys so i've tackled the project of creating maps for my resurrected Scarred Lands campaign that I'm running under the Pathfinder Rules. That stated however I know NOTHING about a computerized map making program. I don't even mind paying for such a program if the images it will create are nice / clean image that look good and can be converted to .jpg or a .pdf or something for ease of printing at my local Kinko's (print shop).
        >
        > My end goal? To create LARGE wall maps that are poster size or larger and did not require a PHD to create with the map making program.
        >
        > Can AutoRealm do all of this without a massive learning curve? I'm ok with a few days - couple of weeks to get up to speed with a program, but several weeks - months? Not so much.
        >
        > ALTERNATE OPTION: If anyone has already created maps of the Scarred Lands (specifically Durrover and the surrounding area) please feel free to say hi and we can compare notes!

        Yeah it can. I created two worlds with it, one of them I'm now
        transferring to Campaign Cartographer 3 because we need more detail, but
        it was easier to do in AutoREALM.

        However, you might want to create each continent separately because the
        file size can cause crashes and slow work. I forgot to do that with my
        first world and it was really annoying to fix.

        Lwaxy
      • sariethefae
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2009