Disclaimer

  • andrewhallcutler
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2002
      > Thanks, Dr. Cutler. I know you're busy.
      > Tonya

      I am not an MD.

      I am not any kind of licensed health care provider at all.

      Nothing I say should be taken as medical advice in the legal sense of
      the term - if you want that, you should consult with a properly
      licensed health care provider.

      I AM a PhD chemist. While that does normally carry the title of
      "doctor," I discourage people from using it on list as that can cause
      confusion.

      In a legal sense, MD's are defined as understanding all the chemistry
      and biochemistry involved in clinical lab tests, and PhD chemists are
      defined as having absolutely no clue what lab tests mean or what
      biochemistry might occur. Thus, again, nothing I say should be
      interpreted as medical advice. It is simply a talk among friends
      about health issues of mutual interest.

      Andy . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .
    • Tonya Dillingham
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2002
        Fair enough. Merely a show of respect for a title earned. I'm in an environment where some take it personally when proper titles *aren't* used. Glad to know this is not the same type of environment.

        Tonya

        I am not any kind of licensed health care provider at all.

        Nothing I say should be taken as medical advice in the legal sense of
        the term - if you want that, you should consult with a properly
        licensed health care provider.

        I AM a PhD chemist. While that does normally carry the title of
        "doctor," I discourage people from using it on list as that can cause
        confusion.

        In a legal sense, MD's are defined as understanding all the chemistry
        and biochemistry involved in clinical lab tests, and PhD chemists are
        defined as having absolutely no clue what lab tests mean or what
        biochemistry might occur. Thus, again, nothing I say should be
        interpreted as medical advice. It is simply a talk among friends
        about health issues of mutual interest.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Answers to common questions: