Re: Treating gut bugs instead of treating your kid

  • andrewhallcutler
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 12, 2002
      > We are actually working with a wonderful GI who is very knowlegable
      and
      > open and has tried to get the gut issues under control so that we
      can
      > chelate. He spoke at the last DAN conference and it was said there
      by
      > Dr. Holmes that until you can control the gut, you shouldnt chelate

      This is a major mistake and will result in many children not
      recovering anywhere near as much as they could have.

      I realize the doc's are doing the best they can, but they aren't
      trained how to figure this stuff out, and they ARE trained to ignore
      reports by patients in favor of what other doc's tell them.

      In fact, the people who chelate while doing what they can to keep a
      lid on the yeast problem report substantial overall progress as a
      rule, the people who are always holding back on chelation report
      modest progress at best.

      Even the doc's agree, the younger you chelate your kid, the better
      the eventual outcome. But then they keep putting it off in favor of
      "gut bug" treatment.

      Also please note that I live in a state where there are "naturopathic"
      physicians. The MD's use cycles of Rx anti-yeast agents and all their
      patients go through horrible die-off reactions, are clear of yeast for
      a little while, then get it back in spades, only to repeat the cycle
      infinitely. The ND's use continuous treatment with "natural" means
      and their patients stay in control of their yeast problems for long
      periods - months to years - between flare-ups. I have never heard of
      an ND taking months or years to get someone's gut bugs under control.

      On this list, you will see Dana's multitudinous posts about chelating
      a yeasty kid and doing it without major problems by taking a
      reasonably sensible approach to her "do it yourself" yeast treatment -
      she is just one example out of many of how things should be done.

      > > so we
      > have been working hard on it. We just completed a 2 month trial of
      > vancomycin.

      BTW, make sure you are treating the kid, not a laboratory test.

      Andy . .