Re: Help!!! Problems with TMG

  • nulani02
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2002
      TMG conversion uses up a lot of folic acid. That's why the folic
      acid is added to the TMG you're using. But many kids need more
      (sometimes a lot more). Try starting with a lower dose of TMG and
      working up, while also giving more folic acid with the TMG. Folic
      acid works pretty acid, so you will know if it's making a
      difference. I started by adding 800mcg, but some listmates told me
      that they added as much as 1200. In a short time, the extra folic
      wasn't needed.

      Linda

      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Susan Iannuzzi <siannuzzi@y...> wrote:
      > My 4yo autistic son is toxic for mercury and 6 other
      > metals, the worst being antimony at 0.92 (ref<0.066).
      > I'm gearing up for chelation, adding one supplement at
      > a time to make sure there's no bad reaction. He's
      > tolerated everything fine so far until I added TMG
      > with B12/Fol. He's been on it for 2 weeks and has
      > regressed in behavior: more self-biting, return of
      > tantrums, very clingy, decreased appetite, decreased
      > bowel movements, always tired. He hasn't regressed
      > with skills, only behavior. Has anyone else seen
      > these type behaviors with TMG?
      > He weighs 40lb and gets 1000mg split into 2 doses
      > (morning and lunchtime so it doesn't effect his
      > sleep). Should I decrease the dose, stop it all
      > together or just ride it out and see if the behaviors
      > pass? He could be just not feeling well and can't
      > tell me.
      > Thanks in advance for any advice!
      >
      > Susan

      > http://health.yahoo.com
    • andya69
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2002
        Hi,
        have you tried DMG?

        Tracy

        --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "danaatty" <danaatty@y...> wrote:
        > --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Susan Iannuzzi <siannuzzi@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > tolerated everything fine so far until I added TMG
        > > with B12/Fol. He's been on it for 2 weeks and has
        > > regressed in behavior: more self-biting, return of
        > > tantrums, very clingy, decreased appetite, decreased
        > > bowel movements, always tired. He hasn't regressed
        > > with skills, only behavior. Has anyone else seen
        > > these type behaviors with TMG?
        >

        > My son reacted so badly to TMG that I almost took him to the
        hospital.
        > Some kids need to work up to full dose, so you might want to
        consider
        > starting at 1/4 dose and work up. But my son did not tolerate it
        at
        > all.
        >
        > Dana
      • Susan Iannuzzi
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2002
          Thanks Linda, but at this point I don't think I'm
          going to be trying it again. His hearing
          sensitivities got so bad that he was smacking his
          head, which he's never done before. His whole arm is
          bruised from biting it.
          Susan

          http://health.yahoo.com