Re: Lithium way too low.

  • andrewhallcutler
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2002
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Angela Hanna <angela.hanna@s...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I got DDI lab hair analysis back.
      > Yes my son is metal toxic but not as much as I thought.
      > I do however have a great concern about how low his lithium is.
      > It is off the chart to the left.
      > He has shown a great deal of depression lately and has
      > become self abusive( we have never seen this before).
      > He also has some manic episodes like he is so happy
      > and I have no idea why. ( again this is very unusual for him
      although we
      > have seen this when treating yeast but we have not treated it
      recently).
      > Does anyone know how I can raise it safely.

      Vitamin Research Products sells lithium orotate as a nutritional
      supplement. Each capsule contains about 2% as much lithium as is in
      the lithium carbonate (eskalith) that MD's Rx for manic depression.
      The MD level is toxic enough that frequent blood test are needed. 1-3
      capsules of the nutritional supplement have proven quite helpful for
      many people who have difficulty regulating their moods as you describe
      above.

      Also what you describe may well be a sulfur food reaction. Do you
      know his plamsa cysteine level? Do you control his sulfur food
      intake?

      > Why does lithium drop this way?

      Mercury impairs mineral handling in the body.

      > Boron is also of concern.

    • Angela Hanna
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2002
        At 21:40 27/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >--- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Angela Hanna <angela.hanna@s...> wrote:
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I got DDI lab hair analysis back.
        > > Yes my son is metal toxic but not as much as I thought.
        > > I do however have a great concern about how low his lithium is.
        > > It is off the chart to the left.
        > > He has shown a great deal of depression lately and has
        > > become self abusive( we have never seen this before).
        > > He also has some manic episodes like he is so happy
        > > and I have no idea why. ( again this is very unusual for him
        >although we
        > > have seen this when treating yeast but we have not treated it
        >recently).
        > > Does anyone know how I can raise it safely.
        >
        >Vitamin Research Products sells lithium orotate as a nutritional
        >supplement. Each capsule contains about 2% as much lithium as is in
        >the lithium carbonate (eskalith) that MD's Rx for manic depression.
        >The MD level is toxic enough that frequent blood test are needed. 1-3
        >capsules of the nutritional supplement have proven quite helpful for
        >many people who have difficulty regulating their moods as you describe
        >above.

        Hi Andy,
        He also has very high OCD. do you know if there is a correlation between
        High lithium and OCD?

        >Also what you describe may well be a sulfur food reaction. Do you
        >know his plamsa cysteine level? Do you control his sulfur food
        >intake?

        No I don't know his plasma cysteine level.
        Where can I get that checked?

        Thank you,
        Angela.

        > > Why does lithium drop this way?
        >
        >Mercury impairs mineral handling in the body.
        >
        > > Boron is also of concern.
        > >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=217097.1902236.3412362.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705061616:HM/A=999859/R=0/*http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=29150849&siteid=39282504&bfpage=account>1fbb202.jpg
        >1fbb257.jpg

        >Shortcut URL:
        >Answers to common questions:

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3 2:04 AM
          This post on lithium interests me. My experience would tend to indicate that lithium rises with Mercury poisoning. Mine certainly did and it has stayed high for some reason. I only have hair tests to verify this but they are accurate in every other respect so I have no reason to doubt the lithium. It would fit with what Andy is saying to, if the body is not absorbing it properly then hair Lithium would rise as does Calcium. I think you need to look for trends to analyse it properly.

          Regards
          Peter Stidolph.
          > Yes my son is metal toxic but not as much as I thought.
          > I do however have a great concern about how low his lithium is.
          > It is off the chart to the left.
          > He has shown a great deal of depression lately and has
          > become self abusive( we have never seen this before).
          > He also has some manic episodes like he is so happy
          > and I have no idea why. ( again this is very unusual for him
          although we
          > have seen this when treating yeast but we have not treated it
          recently).

        • Moria
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3 5:31 AM
            Hullo Peter,

            Just as another data point (not sure it helps):
            my hair lithium level prior to chelation is unknown. other mineral
            levels appeared disordered (but I didn't use DDI/GSDL so I have
            a different test, WAY less elements, etc......)

            after several months of chelation a DDI hair test shows NORMAL
            mineral transport (using counting rules). the ONLY "red" value
            on anything is for low lithium (value .004). I had a FEW yellows
            but generally very normal looking to me overall. (Not much
            experience w/hair tests but it looks "way normal" to me.)
            I've been supplementing lithium (off and on inconsistently) since
            then but have not had another test.

            regards,
            Moria