Re: 8th round of chelation completed - results.

  • andrewhallcutler
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 8, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "maria_and_garry_lund" <maria_lund@h...>
      wrote:
      > We did notice some regression and hyperactivity after the first two
      > rounds, but this was pretty minor. Any regression was alway
      > accompanied by improvement, and he has always tolerated the
      chelation
      > very well. Kyle was exposed to at least 500 mcg of mercury, so we
      > felt it is best to remove it as quickly as safely possible. After
      > investigating the half-life of DMSA (8 Hours),

      The half life of DMSA in children is well established in the
      literature by direct measurement of blood levels. It is 2.5 to 3.5
      hours, depending on the individual, not 8 hours.

    • maria_and_garry_lund
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
        Hi Everyone,

        Just a quick update on the progress that my son, Kyle, is making. We
        just completed the 11th round this weekend, using the DAN protocol.
        Kyle is now 3, and is on 150 mg DMSA / 25 mg ALA every eight hours.
        We moved to every weekend after the first 6 rounds, when all his
        liver and blood test came back normal.

        Kyle has been doing great. He has gone from whispering words to
        talking out loud. This happened on Christmas eve, and was the best
        present I ever got. He is now asking for things. He will say DVD
        and when I ask him which DVD he would like to watch, he will
        reply "Toy Story 2" or "Muppet Movie". The quality of his speech
        continues to improve every day.

        The most amazing thing is that he is starting to read, and read out
        load. We were not sure if he was memorizing words in his book, but
        when he went up to the TV and pointed to the words "6 News" when the
        news show came on and said them aloud, it was amazing. He looked at
        the little logo in the corner of the screen and said "CBS". This
        would be pretty good for a normal 3 year old.

        We finally got the results of the latest DDI urine test, and his
        levels of Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Nickel and Tin all went
        up, while his Uranium disappeared. His original mercury was 4.3 mcg/
        and his latest was 7.8 mcg, with the referance range of 0 to 3, and
        his tin went from 130 mcg to 390 mcg, with a normal range of 0 to 6.
        I think I read that chelation takes the heaviest metals first, which
        is probably why the traces of Uranium went first. We are waiting for
        our test kit for the third test. I hope the levels will start
        dropping.

        Stay Encouraged,

        Garry Lund
      • Valentina Ardelean
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
          Hi Maria and Garry :))

          I am so happy for you :)
          You must be soooooo happy :)
          wow! what a great kid you have!

          Valentina

        • yardist@kcinter.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
            Thanks Garry

            I needed that

            Keith

            maria_and_garry_lund wrote:

            > Hi Everyone,
            >
            > Just a quick update on the progress that my son, Kyle, is making. We
            > just completed the 11th round this weekend, using the DAN protocol.
            > Kyle is now 3, and is on 150 mg DMSA / 25 mg ALA every eight hours.
            > We moved to every weekend after the first 6 rounds, when all his
            > liver and blood test came back normal.
            >
            > Kyle has been doing great. He has gone from whispering words to
            > talking out loud. This happened on Christmas eve, and was the best
            > present I ever got. He is now asking for things. He will say DVD
            > and when I ask him which DVD he would like to watch, he will
            > reply "Toy Story 2" or "Muppet Movie". The quality of his speech
            > continues to improve every day.
            >
            > The most amazing thing is that he is starting to read, and read out
            > load. We were not sure if he was memorizing words in his book, but
            > when he went up to the TV and pointed to the words "6 News" when the
            > news show came on and said them aloud, it was amazing. He looked at
            > the little logo in the corner of the screen and said "CBS". This
            > would be pretty good for a normal 3 year old.
            >
            > We finally got the results of the latest DDI urine test, and his
            > levels of Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Nickel and Tin all went
            > up, while his Uranium disappeared. His original mercury was 4.3 mcg/
            > and his latest was 7.8 mcg, with the referance range of 0 to 3, and
            > his tin went from 130 mcg to 390 mcg, with a normal range of 0 to 6.
            > I think I read that chelation takes the heaviest metals first, which
            > is probably why the traces of Uranium went first. We are waiting for
            > our test kit for the third test. I hope the levels will start
            > dropping.
            >
            > Stay Encouraged,
            >
            > Garry Lund

            > Answers to common questions:

          • TnT Pilger
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
              Garry,

              How did you test your son??Urine or stool? Justcurious as I am trying to test my son and see if we are on to something with the mercury or not.Thank you, Tracy

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
                We did a challenge test with 150 mg DMSA ( 10 mg/kg ) and collected
                the urine for 4 hours after. Used Doctors Data to test for all the
                toxic metals.

                Garry

                Service.