Re: amalgam removal and then pain

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "Julie Griffiths" <rp46285@o...> wrote:
      > Dear Moria,
      >
      > I have been meaning to write up on EFAs but my mouth is hurting so
      much
      > since I had the top amalgams replaced with composite two weeks ago.
      > Everytime I eat the teeth become extremely sensitive and the pain
      shoots up
      > the roots. I have another appointment on Tuesday for the remaining
      7 in my
      > lower jaw. I am worried about going through more treatment and
      having even
      > more pain. Today I had to take Ibuprufen twice right meals as the
      pain was
      > really bad. Have you ever heard of this?

      Yes. Go back to the dentist and have him see if you need a bite
      adjustment. This is common, great pain results if your teeth don't
      mesh properly, and it is promptly relieved by the dentist shaving off
      a tiny sliver of filling material here and there until everything
      matches up right.

    • CFRITCH@RCN.COM
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2001
        -- I had my fillings replaced with the composit ones and the dentist
        said they are hard to see when filing them down and sometimes the
        filling is too "high" and so your bite is off and so your teeth are
        hitting different areas and causing pain. Mine had to put clear tape
        like strips between my molars and pull them out to look for high spots
        and grind them down. It took a couple of trips before we got it right
        and it was painful before it was fixed. Good luck. Patti
        =
        In Autism-Mercury@y..., AndyCutler@a... wrote:
        > --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "Julie Griffiths" <rp46285@o...> wrote:
        > > Dear Moria,
        > >
        > > I have been meaning to write up on EFAs but my mouth is hurting so
        > much
        > > since I had the top amalgams replaced with composite two weeks
        ago.
        > > Everytime I eat the teeth become extremely sensitive and the pain
        > shoots up
        > > the roots. I have another appointment on Tuesday for the remaining
        > 7 in my
        > > lower jaw. I am worried about going through more treatment and
        > having even
        > > more pain. Today I had to take Ibuprufen twice right meals as the
        > pain was
        > > really bad. Have you ever heard of this?
        >
        > Yes. Go back to the dentist and have him see if you need a bite
        > adjustment. This is common, great pain results if your teeth don't
        > mesh properly, and it is promptly relieved by the dentist shaving
        off
        > a tiny sliver of filling material here and there until everything
        > matches up right.
        >
        > >I NEVER have problems with my teeth
        > > so this is very disconcerting.
        > >
        > > I would appreciate any input.
        > >
        > > HELP.............
        > >
        > > Julie
      • Jennifer L Thorne
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
          Hello Julie:

          I've just completed removing the amalgam from my teeth (4 fillings and
          five crowns). I notice a couple of things. The first is that the
          composite fillings do not seem to be as good at insulating against cold
          or pressure. In that my teeth are more sensitive to hard or pinpoint
          pressure (like crunching a nut or hard seed or candy).

          I've also had perticular trouble with tooth that is crowned. After
          getting the bite correct, which took two tries, I'm still more sensitive
          to cold and pressure on this one tooth. It is taking significantly
          longer to not be noticable. It has been four months now and it does
          continue to become less sensitive but it is still more sensitive than any
          of the others. I'm hoping that over time it will feel like a normal
          tooth again.

          I've all the amalgam gone now and am just waiting to put the permanent
          crowns on the three remaining teeth. They feel pretty good at this
          point.
          In Christ's love and mine..Jen : )

          On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 01:01:17 -0000 AndyCutler@... writes:
          --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "Julie Griffiths" <rp46285@o...> wrote:
          > Dear Moria,
          >
          > I have been meaning to write up on EFAs but my mouth is hurting so
          much
          > since I had the top amalgams replaced with composite two weeks ago.
          > Everytime I eat the teeth become extremely sensitive and the pain
          shoots up
          > the roots. I have another appointment on Tuesday for the remaining
          7 in my
          > lower jaw. I am worried about going through more treatment and
          having even
          > more pain. Today I had to take Ibuprufen twice right meals as the
          pain was
          > really bad. Have you ever heard of this?

          Yes. Go back to the dentist and have him see if you need a bite
          adjustment. This is common, great pain results if your teeth don't
          mesh properly, and it is promptly relieved by the dentist shaving off
          a tiny sliver of filling material here and there until everything
          matches up right.

          >I NEVER have problems with my teeth
          > so this is very disconcerting.
          >
          > I would appreciate any input.