Re:Autism-Mercury - pre-chelation testing

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16 11:39 PM
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., mary <mary@e...> wrote:
      > I am reading Dr. Cutler's book, I have read the FAQ, I have hair
      test
      > results for my 3 y.o. son (who is apraxic and hypotonic). He is high
      > in Arsenic, Tin, Aluminum and Antimony. 10 of the essential elements
      > are out of whack by the counting rules. So......it looks like
      chelation
      > is in our future.
      >
      > What I can't seem to put together is a list of 'must have' tests to
      run
      > before hand.

      The hair test is adequate. Others are on an as needed basis depending
      on his particular problems. I usually suggest a plasma cysteine test
      through Great Smokies labs with appropriate adjustment of the "sulfur"
      content of his diet based on the result.

      Andy

      >I am taking notes from "the book" and so far I have
      gathered:

      > CBC (Complete Blood Count?)
      > which should give
      > Copper content (low enough to use LA?)

      Copper is in the hair test.

      > Neutrophilia count (comparison check for possible bad side
      effect of DMSA?)

      There is some value in this, but it isn't essential.

      > Urine test
      > fractionated urine porphyrins? (mostly to prove there is a
      problem)

      If you are sure there is a problem, no need to test.

      > Creatinine Clearance (kidney function adequate for chelating?)

      Not necessary unless there are known kidney problems.