Re: IV Glutathione

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 16, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "David J. Greenberg" <greenvil@b...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      > My doctor's very enthusiastic about giving my daughter an IV
      glutathione
      > push to assist with detox 2-3 times a week. Does anybody have
      experience
      > with this? If for no other reason, I'm not terribly excited about
      doing
      > this because our doctor is an hour away and, well, making that
      roundtrip
      > 2-3 times a week is too draining to imagine. But, if this
      intervention
      > has been great for people I guess it would be worth putting in the
      time
      > and the mileage.
      > I asked our doctor about Kirkman's gluthione cream and, essentially,
      he
      > thought--without any data-- it was unlikely to be able to enter the
      > bloodstream because glutathione tends to be devoured/hogged by
      whatever
      > organ it enters through. (ie: via a capsule it stays in the
      stomach).
      > Any thoughts?

      Don't do the iv's. If your kid needs more glutathione, use oral
      suppelementation with a high sulfur diet and NAC (optionally with
      glycine and glutamine).

      Determine whether your kid needs this or not via a Great Smokies
      plasma cyteine test before trying it.

      Andy
    • mwagnit@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 17, 2001
        Hi David, This lotion was developed by some of the leading autism
        Dr.'s. If applied to the upper body I would think it would enter the
        bloodstream. Which organ it hits first is a good question. If applied
        daily I would think it would work it's way around. This seems like a
        good way to remove loosely bound body Hg. The capsule form never
        leaves the stomach because it's broken down in the digestive tract,
        thus the reason for the lotion. I plan on trying this. I hope you do
        too. More data. Mike

        -- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "David J. Greenberg" <greenvil@b...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > My doctor's very enthusiastic about giving my daughter an IV
        glutathione
        > push to assist with detox 2-3 times a week. Does anybody have
        experience
        > with this? If for no other reason, I'm not terribly excited about
        doing
        > this because our doctor is an hour away and, well, making that
        roundtrip
        > 2-3 times a week is too draining to imagine. But, if this
        intervention
        > has been great for people I guess it would be worth putting in the
        time
        > and the mileage.
        > I asked our doctor about Kirkman's gluthione cream and,
        essentially, he
        > thought--without any data-- it was unlikely to be able to enter the
        > bloodstream because glutathione tends to be devoured/hogged by
        whatever
        > organ it enters through. (ie: via a capsule it stays in the
        stomach).
        > Any thoughts?
        > Marisol
      • jennifer shearer
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 20, 2001
          I have the lotion from Kirkmans and I plan to try it, too. I was told to
          apply it on the underarms and the inner thigh area afer a bath once per day.
          (twice per day when "on") Does this seem logical?
          Jennifer
          mom to Dean

        • mwagnit@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 20, 2001
            What does "twice per day on mean"? I talked to Dr. Stephanie Horner
            from Kirkmans yesterday and she told me she did not think that the
            lotion alone would be a strong enough chelator. After explaining to
            her that Glutathinoe contained the two opposing sulphydrl groups and
            that it crossed the blood-brain barrier and that I was going to use
            it with urine monitoring she seemed very intrigued and told me to
            keep her informed of my observations. Mike

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • jennifer shearer
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 20, 2001
              "twice per Day when on" means apply the lotion 2 times per day when I am
              chelating him. We use Kirkman's Low Dose DMSA + ALA for our son, 3 days on
              and 11 off. I will try the lotion this weekend and post my observations on
              Monday.
              Jennifer

            • Ping Li
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 20, 2001
                I got transthermoal glutathinoe from Pfeiffer and was told only apply the
                cream when I am off the chelation. I don't know why you say "twice per day
                on". I am confused which way I should go? Any suggestions?

                Ping

                mwagnit@yahoo
                .com To: Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com
                cc:
                11/20/01 Subject: [Autism-Mercury] Re: IV Glutathione
                01:00 PM
                Please
                respond to
                Autism-Mercur

                Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 12/20/2001
                Retention Category: G90 -
                Information and Reports

                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 21, 2001
                  Ping-
                  The doctor at Kirkman Labs told me to apply the lotion once a day and twice per day when we
                  are chelating. Don't you love the guessing games all of us parents have to play? I may call
                  Kirkman back and tell them what Pfeiffer told you.
                  Jennifer
                  mom to Dean

                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 21, 2001
                    Jennifer,

                    Please let me know the answer from Kirkman.

                    Thanks,
                    Ping

                    jennifer
                    shearer To: Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com
                    <jshearer@fahne cc:
                    stock.com> Subject: Re: [Autism-Mercury] Re: IV Glutathione

                    11/21/01 07:33
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    Autism-Mercury

                    Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 12/21/2001

                  • bronze3n1@cs.com
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 21, 2001
                      I will get out my notes if I HAVE to.
                      DR. Amy suggest Glutathione cream on OFF days only.

                      Judy
                    • jajgelm@san.rr.com
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 17, 2002
                        Our son had his first IV Glutathione on Friday with Dr. Michael Grossman
                        in Lake Forest, CA. There have been some improvements. Subtle, but
                        they are DEFINITELY there.
                        Jill
                      • pscan5
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 6, 2002
                          Our son is 36 months and we have been chelating him since last May
                          with a few breaks in between to address gut problems. To date we
                          have not really seen the benefits that many people see with their
                          children. As much as the realization hurts we have had good results
                          with IV Glutathione. The problem is, as many of you know, who wants
                          to stick their child 3 times a week for IV. The question we have
                          is........has anyone ever given or thought about having an IV port
                          surgically implanted? This might sound extreme but it sure beats
                          having your child cry each time he/she get the IV.

                          Thanks;

                          Rob
                        • Moria
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 6, 2002
                            >Our son is 36 months and we have been chelating him since last May
                            >with a few breaks in between to address gut problems. To date we
                            >have not really seen the benefits that many people see with their
                            >children. As much as the realization hurts we have had good results
                            >with IV Glutathione. The problem is, as many of you know, who wants
                            >to stick their child 3 times a week for IV. The question we have
                            >is........has anyone ever given or thought about having an IV port
                            >surgically implanted? This might sound extreme but it sure beats
                            >having your child cry each time he/she get the IV.
                            >
                            >Thanks;
                            >
                            >Rob

                            Hum, wouldn't you get the same effect from giving your child other
                            sulfury supplements like NAC? (I do NOT know the answer here --- I
                            am ASKING.)

                            Also, would you be willing to say a little more about:
                            1. your childs' hair results IF KNOWN-- both whether had impaired mineral
                            transport and if had other-than-mercury high metals on test
                            2. other indications IF ANY as to why you thought child might have
                            mercury or other-metal tox.
                            3. what chelation agents you used, and how much, and timing.

                            If you would care to post this information, it will make your
                            note more complete for inclusion in LOVE_LETTERS. (I will go
                            ahead and use what you have already posted though if you don't
                            wish to add to it.) I am interested in including children/adults
                            who were not helped and those with negative reactions, as well as
                            the happy-wonderful-heartwarming stories.

                            Moria
                          • Maria & Jack Rawlings
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 6, 2002
                              Are you only doing chelation or also therapy(s)?Maria
                            • Dixienyc@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 4, 2002
                                Last night was Colin's third IV infusion of Glutathione. He's 3.10. The
                                first time we did it a month ago, he showed language improvement the next day
                                and his stools were solid. When we did it the second time, again I saw
                                language improvement but I also saw worse behavior.

                                The bad behaviour was in the form of terrible tantrums, louder screaming and
                                fits, (like when my husband walked out the front door and didn't take him).
                                Granted, 6 months ago, he would have had no reaction to my husband leaving so
                                I'm telling myself this is all good, since it clearly shows he's more related
                                and in touch with the world.

                                Last night was the third infustion and I can't say the language was
                                significantly better, although it's still better than it was, but the
                                behaviors this time was worse than before. Example, I took a bowl of cherry
                                tomatoes away from him and he banged his head on my kitchen floor. I had not
                                seen that "classic move" in about nine months.

                                On the up side, cognitively he's understanding much, much more and I believe
                                the behaviors are related to his desire to control his environment more and
                                his frustration with his speech delay. His eye contact has also been
                                excellent. All day today he has looked me in the eyes and we stare at each
                                other and he smiles at me.

                                Has anyone been through this? Thanks, Maria

                              • MIchelle Pilafas
                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 5, 2002
                                  We had worse behavior as well as loss of potty training skills. Only did 3
                                  rounds. Pulled him off IV Glut and had to re-train him for bathroom skills.
                                  He seems to be doing alot better, except he still has the nosebleeds.

                                  I do not think we will do this anymore. I know one of the very famous DAN
                                  Drs. really promotes this procedure and says it is absolutely harmless. I
                                  am see and hearing evidence to the contrary. OH, yes, his language improved
                                  a bit. But was it the IV Glut? Hard telling as he detoxes.

                                  Michelle

                                  > Last night was Colin's third IV infusion of Glutathione. He's 3.10. The
                                  > first time we did it a month ago, he showed language improvement the next
                                  day
                                  > and his stools were solid. When we did it the second time, again I saw
                                  > language improvement but I also saw worse behavior.
                                  >

                                  > Has anyone been through this? Thanks, Maria

                                • Chris Ryan
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 9, 2002
                                    Could someone tell me why it is not a good idea to give IV
                                    Glutathione? I'm very confused . Some Doctors we know feel the DMSA
                                    and ALA are not good or safe and on this list it appears that the
                                    majority are in favor of them. Doesn't IV Glutathione chelate
                                    heavy metals?
                                    Theresa

                                    > Answers to common questions:

                                    > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                    > <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_geocities/lrec2b_1_01.jpg>
                                    > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705061616:HM/A=810327/R=0/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
                                    >
                                    > <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_geocities/lrec2b_2_02.gif>
                                    > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705061616:HM/A=810327/R=1/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

                                    > Answers to common questions:

                                    > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                                  • andrewhallcutler
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Oct 10, 2002
                                      > Could someone tell me why it is not a good idea to give IV
                                      > Glutathione? I'm very confused . Some Doctors we know feel the
                                      DMSA
                                      > and ALA are not good or safe and on this list it appears that the
                                      > majority are in favor of them. Doesn't IV Glutathione
                                      chelate
                                      > heavy metals?
                                      > Theresa

                                      Glutathione is not a chelator. It doesn't chelate heavy metals. It
                                      does not remove heavy metals from the body. However, it does cause
                                      them to slam around and do an awful lot of damage. Many children
                                      become permanently worse after iv glutathione.

                                      I apologize for all us chemists for not grading harder in freshman
                                      chemistry so the doctors would remember what words like "chelator"
                                      mean and not randomly apply it to molecules like gutathione that don't
                                      fit the definition.

                                      Many doctors consider DMSA and ALA dangerous because they prescribed
                                      them wrong and hurt a lot of people. These are not particularly
                                      dangerous when used properly. Due to inaccurate information provided
                                      in the DAN! protocol many doctors had bad experiences with these
                                      materials, don't really understand why (or they would have known
                                      better in the first place), and now avoid them. Unfortunately if you
                                      avoid them then you can't remove heavy metals from your kid and they
                                      can't get better. All you can do is stack more and more and more
                                      supportive interventions on top of each other until you finally can't
                                      do them all any more, drop something, and the kid goes back to where
                                      they were before you started. Then you do it again. If you chelate
                                      properly then you get permanent, lasting progress that you don't lose
                                      if you stop chelating.

                                      Andy . . .. . .
                                    • Angie Smith
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 11, 2005
                                        We are taking my almost 6 year old daughter, who is on Dr Buttar's DMPS protacol times 6 months, to the DAN! physician on tuesday to try a dose of IV Glutathione. I guess it was recommended at the last DAN! conference to try this at least once. She has been on it orally and tests high in her blood but the doctor says it is not getting into the cells where she needs it. Has anyone tried the IV Glutathione and if so do you have any advice for me? Sincerely, Angie

                                      • andrewhallcutler
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 11, 2005
                                          --- In Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com, Angie Smith
                                          <carissaandangie@y...> wrote:
                                          > We are taking my almost 6 year old daughter, who is on Dr Buttar's
                                          DMPS protacol times 6 months, to the DAN! physician on tuesday to try
                                          a dose of IV Glutathione.

                                          Please don't do this. If your child gets terribly worse and has a lot
                                          of new problems afterwards neither I nor anybody else knows how to fix it.

                                          >I guess it was recommended at the last DAN! conference

                                          as it always is, often by a doctor who has had lots of horrible things
                                          happen to people but pretends he has never seen any such thing when asked.

                                          > to try this at least once. She has been on it orally and tests high
                                          in her blood but the doctor says it is not getting into the cells
                                          where she needs it. Has anyone tried the IV Glutathione and if so do
                                          you have any advice for me?

                                          Don't do it. Just say no. Cancel the appointment (and find a doctor
                                          responsible enough to be able to practice medicine safely).