Re: [Autism-Mercury] Top 3 supplements to add for chelation?

  • Jennifer L Thorne
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2001
      Hi James:

      Andy recommends to take everything the same on or off. That is what we
      do for my son Quinton.

      In Christ's love and mine...Jen : )

      On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:59:34 -0800 (PST) One Seeker
      <seeker1964@...> writes:
      Hi Jen,

      I appreciate your response so much. Do you know if
      these are to be taken during "on" days or "off" days
      (or both)? I am a pharmacist, but this chelation thing
      is new to me and they just don't teach much
      alternative medicine to the medical profession. All I
      have come up with that I think is safe to take during
      our "on" days is vitamin C, milk thistle, and reduced
      glutathione...also need to get some B-complex. I get
      everything in a capsule, just because there are no
      binders and absorption is so much better. Thanks.

      James

      --- Jennifer L Thorne <jthorne@...> wrote:
> [...]
      > supplements and
      > amounts. Hope it helps.
      >
      > In Christ's love and mine...Jen : )
      >
      > --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., dks0564@y... wrote:
      > > I'd like to add magnesium
      >
      > 100-200 mg in 3-4 doses.
      >
      > > and selenium
      >
      > 50 mcg as selenomethionine, one dose a day is OK.
      >
      > > supplements to what my
      > > daughter already gets ... what's the proper
      > dosage? She is 30lbs.
      > >
      > > Also, what's the proper dosage per weight for vit
      > C,
      >
      > 100 + mg (250-500 is fine) 4 times a day.
      >
      > > B complex,
      >
      > 12.5-25 mg 4 times a day. Quarter a "b-50" or
      > "b-100" tablet with a
      > pill cutter.
      >
      > > and E?
      >
      > 500 IU a day.
      >
      > > can I give these supplements in juice or rice
      > > milk, are some better on an empty stomach, should
      > some supplements
      > > not be given together, etc.
      >
      > You can mix them all up however you want.
      >
      > There are some pretty tasty chewable vitamin C's
      > around if you look.
      >
      > B's taste icky as a rule and you have to be clever
      > to hide the taste.
      >
      > > Thanks again for all the help!
      >
      > You're welcome.
      >
      > Andy
      >

      > On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:56:57 -0800 (PST) One Seeker
      > <seeker1964@...> writes:
      > We are starting to chelate (adults and our autistic
      > son). We have figured out our DMSA & LA doses.
      >
      > If you could recommend 3 supplements to add for
      > chelation (besides the obvious vitamin C and milk
      > thistle), what 3 supplements would you suggest
      > adding
      > to the regimen. Please include frequency and dose
      > (plus whether you take it all the time or just when
      > chelating). This is all confusing to us. Would
      > appreciate any info.
      >
      > James

      > http://personals.yahoo.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Statements posted on this list are for information
      > only,
      > and should NOT be taken as medical advice. If you
      > need
      > medical advice, you should seek it from those who
      > are
      > authorized to give medical advice: doctors.
      >
      > Post message: Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com
      > Subscribe:
      > Autism-Mercury-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > Unsubscribe:
      > Shortcut URL:
      > Answers to common questions:

      > Terms of Service.
      >

      > In Christ's love and mine...Jen : )

      > removed]

      > Statements posted on this list are for information
      > only,
      > and should NOT be taken as medical advice. If you
      > need
      > medical advice, you should seek it from those who
      > are
      > authorized to give medical advice: doctors.

      http://personals.yahoo.com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2001
        > On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:56:57 -0800 (PST) One Seeker
        > <seeker1964@y...> writes:
        > We are starting to chelate (adults and our autistic
        > son). We have figured out our DMSA & LA doses.
        >
        > If you could recommend 3 supplements to add for
        > chelation (besides the obvious vitamin C and milk
        > thistle), what 3 supplements would you suggest adding
        > to the regimen. Please include frequency and dose
        > (plus whether you take it all the time or just when
        > chelating). This is all confusing to us. Would
        > appreciate any info.

        It depends somewhat on the individual. I'd suggest not limiting it to
        3 supps, but using what is needed.

        B complex, E and either magnesium or flax oil, depending. Hyper,
        allergic, achey tired people get magnesium.

        > > B complex,
        >
        > 12.5-25 mg 4 times a day. Quarter a "b-50" or "b-100" tablet with a
        > pill cutter.
        >
        > > and E?
        >
        > 500 IU a day.

        Mg, 50-100 mg several times a day (for children). Flax oil, 1-3 tbsp
        whenever, for children.

        Andy
      • Moria Merriweather
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 18, 2001
          >Hi Jen,
          >
          >I appreciate your response so much. Do you know if
          >these are to be taken during "on" days or "off" days
          >(or both)? I am a pharmacist, but this chelation thing
          >is new to me and they just don't teach much
          >alternative medicine to the medical profession. All I
          >have come up with that I think is safe to take during
          >our "on" days is vitamin C, milk thistle, and reduced
          >glutathione...also need to get some B-complex. I get
          >everything in a capsule, just because there are no
          >binders and absorption is so much better. Thanks.
          >
          >James

          Hi James,

          Andy encourages taking everything every day (on or off).
          I don't know if there is any writing about this in the
          file ANDY_INDEX (maybe not!) Anyway, that is what he
          thinks--- I think he sees no reason NOT to take all every
          day, so therefore it is more theraputic every day and
          also easier to keep track of same thing each day.

          I have a hard time with taking anything at all consistently,
          and I don't take as much stuff as Andy recommends----- I am
          not terribly consistent, and I don't take it 4 times a day!
          So, I feel I'm doing good if I get the stuff taken at all,
          and I don't worry about on or off.

          Moria
          (chelating mySELF, no kids, am on round 24)