Re: Question for Andy

    Message 1 of 76 , Nov 14, 2001
      > I started chelating both my boys with 50mg od DMSA and
      > have done two rounds. Every 4 hours for 3 days 11
      > days off. I think I see slight improvements. The
      > problem is my doctor says that not enough metals came
      > out in his chelation urine sample from Doctor's Data.
      > He thinks I should not chelate.

      He is incorrect. This is a completely meaningless measurement. If
      mercury is low there is no way to tell if it is because the only
      mercury left is in his brain and he is half dead from it, or if it is
      because he is exceptionally sensitive, or if it is because mercury
      isn't his problem.

      The most severely toxic adults I have run across never showed abnormal
      mercury levels on a urine test, but improved dramatically on
      chelation.

      > I was going to do the
      > third round this week and was going to add the ALA.

      Go for it.

      > (How much?)

      1/8 to 1/2 mg per pound of kid, just like the DMSA.

      > and I was hoping this might pull out more
      > metals so I can send another challenge and prove to
      > him he should be chelated. Do you think more metals
      > would come out with both?

      Maybe, maybe not.

      The issue is more one of finding a physician who is empirical enough
      to continue to prescribe as long as improvement is forthcoming, rather
      than one who is more concerned about the health of the piece of paper
      that comes from the laboratory than he is about the health of your
      kid.

      > Also, how much ALA. My
      > capsules are 50mg and I guess I could split them. But
      > it will be hard to do, less say 1/3 or 1/4. Help.
      > chelation is the only hope I have left. I have tried
      > many things on my autistic child and nothing has
      > really made a major difference with the exception of
      > allergy shots.

      If allergy shots worked you might also try NAET and related
      acupuncture or energy medicine based allergy treatments.

      > Thanks in advance for your help.
      >
      > Ana

      > Find a job, post your resume.
      > http://careers.yahoo.com
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Answers to common questions:

      Service.

    • Mari Lynche
      Message 76 of 76 , Mar 31 6:31 AM
        Thanks Andy!!

        * They pulled the tooth because the permanent one was right under it and he has never had any caps or filings.  This was his first cavity ever. Unfortunately, I have a bunch of amalgams in the back of my mouth since I was probably 10 years old.
        * He was diagnosed with G6PD Deficiency after becoming very ill after being prescribed an antibiotic for an illness when he was about 1 years old. That is how I found out about the sulfur allergy.
        *   And yes I meant Super Nu Thera.  Sorry about the spelling. LOL
        * Finally, I will read the pages you suggested.  We did a hair test years ago and he had high mercury, cadmium and aluminum.