beta carotene accellerates liver phase 1 metabolism

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2001
      Some people with fast phase 1 metabolism get worse on beta carotene
      and I recently ran across a lot of info indicating that it really does
      accellerate phase 1.

      The other carotenes do not appear to do this, and are valuable
      antioxidants.

      For anyone who is seriously intolerant to beta carotene, the Vitamin
      Shoppe's house brand "carotenoid complex" is at least labeled as
      having low beta carotene content.
    • Justin Ho
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2001
        Does this mean that Carrot juice is a bad thing if you have fast Phase 1?
        Some people with fast phase 1 metabolism get worse on beta carotene
        and I recently ran across a lot of info indicating that it really does
        accellerate phase 1.

        The other carotenes do not appear to do this, and are valuable
        antioxidants.

        For anyone who is seriously intolerant to beta carotene, the Vitamin
        Shoppe's house brand "carotenoid complex" is at least labeled as
        having low beta carotene content.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Answers to common questions:

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
          --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "Justin Ho" <justinho@s...> wrote:
          > Does this mean that Carrot juice is a bad thing if you have fast
          Phase 1?

          Yes. And carrots, and pumpkin pie, etc.

          Andy
        • Ping Li
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
            I think I miss the original post of this mail. I heard that carrots and
            green meng bean also have some cleasing capability to the body. I give my
            son a lot of carrots. He is on chelation with DMSA only now. And he eats a
            lot of pumpkin seeds. Should I stop these two food? What fast Phase I
            means?

            Ping

            AndyCutler@ao
            l.com To: Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.com
            cc:
            11/14/01 Subject: [Autism-Mercury] Re: beta carotene accellerates liver phase 1 metabolism
            03:45 AM
            Please
            respond to
            Autism-Mercur

            Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 12/14/2001
            Retention Category: G90 -
            Information and Reports

            --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., "Justin Ho" <justinho@s...> wrote:
            > Does this mean that Carrot juice is a bad thing if you have fast
            Phase 1?

            Yes. And carrots, and pumpkin pie, etc.

            Andy
          • Moria Merriweather
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
              >I think I miss the original post of this mail. I heard that carrots and
              >green meng bean also have some cleasing capability to the body. I give my
              >son a lot of carrots. He is on chelation with DMSA only now. And he eats a
              >lot of pumpkin seeds. Should I stop these two food? What fast Phase I
              >means?

              Hi Ping,

              Phase I is a part of liver function. It is the name given to
              a certain part of what the liver does. I don't know much, I
              just recognize the name. Carrots and the other stuff in
              the post Andy was commenting on are VERY GOOD for most people---
              it is people with a particular kind of liver difficulty that
              he said should avoid these. I love carrot juice myself,
              it is one of my favorite foods.

              Moria