Re: p.s. about redistribution-- 2 phase method

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
      > My additional comment here is I don't think DMSA then DMSA+ALA is
      > particularly "Andy's method". It is particularly DAN! method.

      I believe they got it from me.

      > I've heard a LOT of variations of chelators that Andy finds
      > acceptable, and I have NOT heard any really strong recommendations
      > from him one way or another about the need to use DMSA first.
      > He DOES say to wait 3 months after exposure to use ALA safely,
      > I *think*. My IMPRESSION is that he thinks start-with-ALA,
      > and DMSA-then-DMSA+ALA are both fine, and, I would bet on some
      > other combos that he thinks are fine (like DMPS-then-ALA, and
      > DMPS-then-DMPS+ALA, and start-with-ALA+DMSA, and start-with-DMPS.)

      Correct. The starting with an accessory chelator like DMSA or DMPS
      alone is important mostly for people with current exposure, such as
      amalgam illness patients who just had their fillings replaced.

      > Particularly earlier on, Andy talked quite a bit about using
      > just-ALA. I think it is all "a mixed bag" with a number of
      > acceptable options.

      Correct. Eacch has it's plusses and minuses. In a few cases there is
      a clearcut choice. For most people and most circumstances there is a
      lot of ambiguity and free decisionmaking.