Re: Evening Primrose Oil

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 6, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Terry Fitton <terryfitton@y...> wrote:
      > Vic,
      >
      > If you are looking for a UK product in liquid form
      > rather than capsules check out
      > www.hollandandbarrett.co.uk
      > They also sell flaxseed oil in liquid but there is
      > some controversy as to whether this is not as good as
      > EPA Fish oil.

      There is no controversy - fish oil is better if you are a millionaire.
      For those of us who have budget limitations, flax oil is enough
      cheaper to make up for the fact that it is almost as good.

      Andy

      > Best wishes,
      > Terry Fitton, Birmingham.

      > Find a job, post your resume.
      > http://careers.yahoo.c
    • jmg
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
        ....And how do I get this down him??!!
        Thanks,
        Jill
      • Mum231ASD@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
          In a message dated 05/08/2002 15:38:03 GMT Daylight Time, jajgelm@...
          writes:

          > ....And how do I get this down him??!!
          > Thanks,
          > Jill

          My son Sam hates the texture of oils - we mix EPO and Fish Oils in his
          yoghurt now - voila! its gone!
          HTH
          Mandi in UK

        • Jean Curtin
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
            If your kids will eat them, mashed potatoes are wonderful for hiding things in. I don't know about saticking fish oils in them, but flax, grapeseed, sunflower, and sesame,along with coconut milk go pretty well in there. i sneak "healthy" oils in for the whole family. hey're never around long enough for anyone to ask what's in them LOL
            My son Sam hates the texture of oils - we mix EPO and Fish Oils in his
            yoghurt now - voila! its gone!
            HTH
            Mandi in UK

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Answers to common questions:

          • TwoTonks@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
              In a message dated 8/5/2002 9:38:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
              jajgelm@... writes:

              > ....And how do I get this down him??!!
              > Thanks,
              > Jill

              Jill, I sometimes apply EFAs to my son transdermally after he's asleep. I'm
              sure this is not as effective as taking them orally, but also suspect it's
              far better than not getting them at all. Evening primrose oil leaves a great
              smell and stain on bedclothes, far worse than cod liver oil, so if you try
              this, be prepared.

              Debbie

            • Linda Shepard
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
                I use liquid EFAs (mixture of Evening Primrose, Flax, and Borage) and drizzle it over millet or rice and veggies instead of butter or margarine. One could use it on pocorn or whatever. Add it after any cooking so as to maintain the nutritional value.Linda S--- On Mon 08/05, < Mum231ASD@... > wrote:
                From: [mailto: Mum231ASD@...]To: Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.comDate: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:23:33 EDTSubject: Re: [Autism-Mercury] Evening Primrose OilIn a message dated 05/08/2002 15:38:03 GMT Daylight Time, jajgelm@... writes:> ....And how do I get this down him??!!> Thanks,> Jill> My son Sam hates the texture of oils - we mix EPO and Fish Oils in his yoghurt now - voila! its gone!HTHMandi in UK[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                ADVERTISEMENT=======================================================Statements posted on this list are for information only, and should NOT be taken as medical advice. If you need medical advice, you should seek it from those who are authorized to give medical advice: doctors. Post message: Autism-Mercury@yahoogroups.comSubscribe: Autism-Mercury-subscribe@yahoogroups.comUnsubscribe: Autism-Mercury-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comList owner: Autism-Mercury-owner@yahoogroups.comShortcut URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Autism-MercuryAnswers to common questions: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Autism-Mercury/files/Mercury-Autism%20FAQ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
                  Most oils mix well into nut butters too if you child eats those.

                  Be sure the child eats at least a little protien when taking nutritional oils
                  so they are absorbed well.
                  Gaylen

                • jmg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 15, 2002
                    Will baking change the effectiveness of this? It is so HARD to get into my child!!!!!!!
                    Thank you,
                    Jill