Re: Please help !

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 25, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Florence Goh <florence_ghl@y...> wrote:
      > Thank you Moria. I am just wondering why the DAN
      > doctors ask for a complete blood count prior to
      > chelation. Does this mean that chelation may lead to
      > low blood count ?

      Largely to cover their behinds so the medical boards don't beat them
      up, and partly because they throw DMSA around so wildly. One of the
      known possible adverse reactions for DMSA is neutropenia, where one
      particular type of white blood cell dies off and the patient becomes a
      walking culture media, unable to fight off the first bacteria that
      finds him yummy. A CBC will catch this - hopefully BEFORE all the
      neutrophils die off.

      If anyone is chelating even with low dose DMSA and starts to get
      infections, e. g. sinus problems with each chelation cycle, a CBC is a
      really good idea if they want to continue with the DMSA.
      Unfortunately, the problem seems to be reproducible in those who
      experience it.

      Andy