Re: time released DMSA

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., young5@a... wrote:
      > I know I've seen this, but can someone explain why the time released
      > DMSA is a bad idea? I need to explain it to a doctor.

      As the doctor should recall, the intestines do NOT absorb all
      substances uniformly along their length.

      It is not known where in the intestines DMSA is absorbed. Many things
      are absorbed only in the early portion, so that time release
      formulations are ineffective for them.

      While it is unclear if time release DMSA works or not, it is clear
      that time release ALA does not.

      Andy