Re: New Diagnosis

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., jrsygrl4670@a... wrote:
      > Hi All.....
      > I have a child newly diagnosed with autism. We are looking into
      going
      > to Dr. Stephen B. Edelson in Atlanta Georgia. I hear he is doin
      great
      > things with autistic children. I would appreciate any feedback!

      Dr. Edelson claims a high cure rate.

      Other physicians I have talked to who have seen some of his patients
      claim his cure rate is much lower than stated.

      Having talked to a few of his patients, he does appear to prescribe a
      few things that won't agree with everyone, so at least some patients
      would reasonably be expected to have trouble.

      He is also a no-insurance doc and quite expensive.

      Everyone I know who got a lot better found that a judicioius
      combination of insurance plan docs, "alternative" cash only docs, and
      nice buddy doc's who would Rx and order tests because they asked
      nicely to be what it took. Nobody I know of got well by depending on
      a single doc to do most of the work.

      Andy