Re: Digest Number 1592

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
      > And just to set the record straight, hbot is also used in
      detoxifying the
      > body of mercury and other toxic substances.

      There are some claims of this (as there are many claims of many
      amazing things) in the alternative medicine community. I know of no
      evidence to support them and would like to see it. The definitively
      mercury toxic people I know who used HBOT all got worse, which is
      exactly what one would expect to have happen.

      >We have treated Gulf War
      > Syndrome very successfully as well as other cases where toxicity is
      a major
      > cause of the problems. Athough HBOT is considered experimental in
      many
      > cases, it has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of 13
      different
      > indications. Studies and anectdotal evidence shows it to be very
      effective
      > in over 100 different indications. Texas has just approved its use
      for
      > brain damage and insurance will pay. Florida and New Mexico will
      follow
      > soon as well as other states.
      >
      > Make no mistake about it, Hyperbaric is one of the most effective
      treatments
      > available for neurological conditions anywhere in the world.

      For certain neurological conditions. My understanding is that
      hypoperfusion is the proper indication.

      >By combining
      > HBOT with Oxy-Sound Harmonics we are having great results with
      treating
      > Autism. More studies will be available over the next few years and
      no one
      > has been able to even put a dent in disproving its effectiveness but
      we have
      > hundreds of parents who can offer testimonies to its success.
      >
      > Robert Hartsoe
      > Children's Hyperbarics at Miracle Mountain in NC
      > MM@a...
      >

      > From: "Becky Morgan" <beckymorgan@h...>
      > Subject: Re: re: HBOT/Bernie
      >
      > > fact I would not do HBOT until after some detox. What it does is
      promote
      > healing and regrowth of brain cells, etc.
      > > see oxythyerapy.com Bernie
      >
      > I'd like to know if there are specific scientific studies indicate
      that use
      > of a ozone steam cabinet device as sold at oxytherapy.com
      > regrows brain cells. Oxygen therapy via ozone exposure is not the
      same as
      > hyperbarics. Is there evidence that hyperbarics grow brain cell
    • Moria Merriweather
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
        <<Andy said: >>
        >There are some claims of this (as there are many claims of many
        >amazing things) in the alternative medicine community. I know of no
        >evidence to support them and would like to see it. The definitively
        >mercury toxic people I know who used HBOT all got worse, which is
        >exactly what one would expect to have happen.

        Okay Andy, you've got my attention: could you please tell me about
        why you would expect worse symptoms? I'm very interested.

        Thanks!