Re: testing for cooper levels

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., Ping Li <Li_Ping@c...> wrote:

      > Dear Andy,
      >
      > I was told that it will be dangerous to do chelation if the kid's
      cysteine
      > is high. Is it right?

      No, this is a rather twisted misunderstanding of something I have been
      saying for a long time (and most doc's have been ignoring).

      It is harmful to feed him things like NAC or eggs if it is high, but
      these are not chelating agents.

      >I didn't test my son. I would like to ask what
      kind
      > of test I should do before I do oral DMPS or ALA?

      The test for this is PLASMA CYSTEINE through Great Smokies
      laboratories. It isn't relevant to DMPS. ALA increases it a bit so
      people who are high have more side effects.

      You may modify his diet depending on the results, but it doesn't
      affect how you chelate.

      >I have done stool
      and
      > hair two weeks ago, I am waiting for the results. I really concern
      about
      > the yeast and now cysteine becomes another issue for me. Should I
      test his
      > cysteine level before I do chelation?

      It isn't necessary for CHELATION, but knowing it may allow you to make
      him a lot more comfortable by appropriate diet modification.

      >If the cysteine level is high,
      what I

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/