Re: Mercury-autism Letter in EHP

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., KKSOKOLSKI@A... wrote:
      > I am 100% in agreement that inflammation of the gut is a major
      factor in
      > autism.

      I agree too. The most effective cure for this (which happens pretty
      early) is chelation. In the meantime appropriate supplements can get
      it under control. Large doses of vitamin A work pretty well, as do
      digestive enzymes.

      >One concern I have with various methods of chelation is that
      some of
      > them may actually contribute to inflammation.

      I am curious why you say this. It is one of the things that can
      happen with inappropriate chelation protocols, but isn't that common
      even with them.

      >Along those lines, has
      anyone
      > had any success with alternative methods of chelation?

      I thought chelation was pretty alternative already! ;-)

      >I have been
      looking at
      > a product called Metal-Free by Body Revolution. Does anyone have any
      > experience with this?

      It is neither a chelating agent nor a detox product. I do have
      several adult case reports of severe worsenings from it when taken by
      high sulfur people.

      > Ken Sokolski
    • Denise Kenney
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
        DJ has been chelating for 10 months now. DJ has had constipation problems
        since his DPT shot at 2 months old. All rememdies are temporary. GF/CF -
        temporary relief, secretin - temporary relief, mineral oil - temporary
        relief. DJ is now 12 and we just had an appointment with his DAN doctor.
        The last 6-8 weeks, DJ has regressed. DAN doctor feels we should do a
        colonoscopy. We have an appointment with his gastro on Thursday to see if
        he feels the same. When DJ's constipation returns, his regression does too.
        Denise