Re: ALA Alone

    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 26, 2001
      --- In Autism-Mercury@y..., MMacGregor@a... wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > OK, this morning I started DD on 12.5 mg ALA every four hours. She
      weighs
      > around
      > 40lbs, so I think this is an OK dose?

      This is fine.

      If it is practical for you, you might want to do it every 3 hours
      during the waking period, and every 4 at night.

      >I thought the 25mg in the whole capsule
      > might be a bit much.
      >
      > What sorts of things can I expect to see if this is going to work?

      Increased symptoms DURING the chelation period, tiredness and perhaps
      crankiness the day after, significant new developmental gains after
      each cycle.

      She's
      > only four
      > so can I expect things to happen fairly quickly?

      Yes. Surprisingly quickly. Everyone who has chelated a young child
      who responded to it saw notable improvement after a few rounds, and
      most see something new after each chelation cycle.

      > Thanks
      >
      > Margaret
      >

      > [Non-text portions of this message have been re
    • ladyshrink222
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 30, 2009
        So I would think ALA is
        > even more dangerous if administered incorrectly.

        ===>Yes, this is correct, Ala has the potential to do the most damage
        if dosed inappropriately or anything more than 3 hours. Some do get
        lucky and they only have a lack of progress, but many more have
        regression happen.

        Dmsa can also cause problems if dosed infrequently and it is more
        taxing on the system, but the word "dangerous" and small doses of
        Dmsa is an overstatement.

        Rebecca